Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 chairs and 1 table in the tailgate doable?

bob_summers

bob_summers

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi - as title, looking for ideas for 3 chairs that pack down small enough to fit in the tailgate ditching the VW ones, and ideally a table.
I guess I’m not looking for super lightweight backpackers chairs, nor folding stools. Comfort is not massively important! We don’t seem to spend a lot of time sat down, and anyway, the original chairs aren’t that comfy.
Might have to compromise on the table, and get a half height one, open to suggestions!

Not sure about table but I can fit my two front runner chairs inside the original chairs and we have 4 comfy chairs

As above I think you’ll get 3 Front Runner chairs in easily with maybe room for a small table. Will be a lot heavier though.

They look ideal. Thanks for the tip, they didn’t figure in my search results. The ones I’ve found are ultralight weight - not really a requirement in a van.
So they’re flat when stowed, rather than cylindrical?

They look ideal. Thanks for the tip, they didn’t figure in my search results. The ones I’ve found are ultralight weight - not really a requirement in a van.
So they’re flat when stowed, rather than cylindrical?
Yep flat when stowed, I’ll be popping mine into the van on Friday as off camping, can take some photos of them going in if your like.

Im

Just watch the tailgate as it’s heavy with those and the normal chairs in and it has closed on my before, I’m in the process of getting some clips to go in to hold the tailgate open when I’m under it

Back