Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ditch the Cali chairs

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anyone else ditched the Cali chairs ,I have purchased 2 helinox sunset chairs so light and comfortable this now frees up the space in the boot lid for screen covers waterproof clothing etc etc.The benefits are also if you go walking they can easily be carried.

Youch! I can live with the Cali ones for the sake of £300 (actually we have only ever used them once anyway so I can't really comment :oops:

I fancy the Front Runner ones - Never see them discounted anywhere. I think I need a deal on them before I order a couple.

Oh we ditched them… by accident. Took them out to eat at a pit stop and then just left them behind. Most expensive mistake we made in a long time. Bought new ones because we find them perfect.

Oh we ditched them… by accident. Took them out to eat at a pit stop and then just left them behind. Most expensive mistake we made in a long time. Bought new ones because we find them perfect.
They are fine for sitting for lunch but not good for relaxing with a beer in the sun,but that could be because my back is shot no neck head support

Has anyone else ditched the Cali chairs ,I have purchased 2 helinox sunset chairs so light and comfortable this now frees up the space in the boot lid for screen covers waterproof clothing etc etc.The benefits are also if you go walking they can easily be carried.

We’ve bought a pair of helinox sunset chairs and have only used them on one trip so far but they are so comfortable. I’m a slim female but always felt the Cali chairs were on the verge of collapse.

Anybody aware of any other chairs that can fit in with the standard chairs in the boot door? There is 3 of us, so like the idea of another chair that can fit in there and free the same our existing 3rd chair takes in the boot

Anybody aware of any other chairs that can fit in with the standard chairs in the boot door? There is 3 of us, so like the idea of another chair that can fit in there and free the same our existing 3rd chair takes in the boot
The helinox mentioned above in this thread? There are many other similar products available on Amazon.

Vango Micro chairs are good for a reasonable price; we keep a couple of the tall version in there. Great for taking out and about at festivals etc. too.

Vango Micro chairs are good for a reasonable price; we keep a couple of the tall version in there. Great for taking out and about at festivals etc. too.
Agree - we bought 2 of these last year. The only downside is the 5 minutes assembly time (and same to put back in the bag). We use them when we’re pitched with an awning. Otherwise the Cali chairs come out - can’t imagine not having the Cali chairs.

We bought these https://www.therange.co.uk/leisure/...t-high-back-chair/?position=6&s=908739#908739
They pack up incredibly small, are lightweight to carry and surprisingly comfortable. Also very cheap. We use them as additional / alternative seating.
Handy when out for the day, as easily carried , especially at festivals etc
I’d say that the Range Summit chairs are a direct copy of the Vango High Back chairs. Even the bag looks the same! You can but Vango ones at under £30 - ours were £50 for 2 from a place in Ashbourne.

D6153163-42D2-4EF5-B10E-FFCC3E148042.png

I’d say that the Range Summit chairs are a direct copy of the Vango High Back chairs. Even the bag looks the same! You can but Vango ones at under £30 - ours were £50 for 2 from a place in Ashbourne.

View attachment 104463
I suspect they both come from the same factory in China!
@Kernowboy hadn’t posted when I started to type. I was distracted whilst looking up the link.:)

Main issue with the Cali chairs is while they are great to whip out, have a cup of tea and put back, for sustained sitting the backs are too short and the material sags at the front. We bought the extortionately priced seat covers for them, which look great and add comfort, but not that missing height. We got two of the smaller Vango chairs from their stall at the show in Oct but when I get them out and see the origami poles, I put them away and pull out the Cali chair!

Main issue with the Cali chairs is while they are great to whip out, have a cup of tea and put back, for sustained sitting the backs are too short and the material sags at the front. We bought the extortionately priced seat covers for them, which look great and add comfort, but not that missing height. We got two of the smaller Vango chairs from their stall at the show in Oct but when I get them out and see the origami poles, I put them away and pull out the Cali chair!
They can seem a bit unfathomable when first opening, but are actually very simple. The poles tend to ping into place, then just put the cover on.
Give them another chance! :)

Whoever found them must have thought his birthday and Christmas had come all at once. I have actually etched my address postcode and mobile number on them just in case.....
I think there must be some honest people out there.

Yes for the winter, not going to sitting outside when theres a warm van when we have been outdoors all day. Frees up space for the snow socks and screen cover too.

Back