Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car Mi Fi

murray0710 said:
It comes as standard on the iphone (google iphone and tethering) but your mobile operator can block/charge you for it. Go to Settings --> General --> Network and scroll down. You should then see an option ' Setup Personal Hotspot'. I need to pay on my phoen which is on vodafone but my wifes is with 3 and it lets you effectively set the iPhone as a wireless router. You can see it from your iPad, or other devices, and it's just a matter of slecting and entering the network password whic hyou get from the iPhone screen when you set it up. After that it connects seamlessly.

This has really interested me as when I consider what I pay for my mobile phone and MiFi combined I could just get one of these contracts instead?

What type of upload and download speeds do you get? I guess what I'm asking is if you tethered a Macbook to it could you watch something like catchup TV without and problems?

coordinated said:
choplee said:
Oh ok ... Yeah my iPad not got 3G and iPhone with orange ,so I'll have to look into it and see ..:)

My iPhone's on Orange. I pay £5pm extra for the tethering (though that doesn't include any extra data for the privilege!).
The iPad pairs easily with it - useful for downloading TomTom traffic to the iPad.

called orange yesterday about tethering and the guy said he has done it for me and didn't cost me anything which was a result. I just have to be careful he said about going over my data limit as the ipad will use alot more than my iphone. For everyday i go over the limit it's £1 a day .
i do have unlimited ,but it's not really unlimited ;)

m4rky said:
This has really interested me as when I consider what I pay for my mobile phone and MiFi combined I could just get one of these contracts instead?

What type of upload and download speeds do you get? I guess what I'm asking is if you tethered a Macbook to it could you watch something like catchup TV without and problems?

At Hollands Wood at weekend in the middle of the Forest I was getting over 5MB via tethering, at home I am lucky to get 2.5MB !!

Speed is going to be highly variable depending where you are. I watched the recent England v SA rugby recently on a tethered iPad with no issues. Which to be honest was quite surprised about.