Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car Net registration problem

Nick S

Nick S

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Do any new owners have the car net facility which is part of the Discover Media Nav Plus?

You need to register the vehicle on line and receive an 8 digit code to enter on the vehicles system to go live.

I have tried several times to register but the VW site does not recognise my VIN number. When entering the VIN number the default page starts with WVW but my number starts WV2 I have deleted the W and replaced it with the 2 and the rest of my VIN number but it keeps rejecting it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or am I doing something really stupid (wouldn't be the first time!!)

Yip. Exactly the same issue ongoing at the moment. Have e mailed VWCS with a screen grab of the error message. If they resolve it I will let folks know. So, expect an answer in 2 or 3 years;)

Yip. Exactly the same issue ongoing at the moment. Have e mailed VWCS with a screen grab of the error message. If they resolve it I will let folks know. So, expect an answer in 2 or 3 years;)
Thanks YC at least I'm not doing something wrong. Hope it doesn't take that long to sort as it looks a useful bit of kit.

Probably set up for " Cars " not " Commercials " and as we know VW treats the California as a " Commercial ".

Probably set up for " Cars " not " Commercials " and as we know VW treats the California as a " Commercial ".
It looks exactly as you say. The online registration form for Carnet has the prefix WVW already filled in, whilst the T6 starts with WV2. And yet, there is a commercial vehicle Carnet Web page. However, it does no more than lead you into a false sense of security by simply looping you back into the registration process that doesn't work.

We will see if a fix is forthcoming from VW, unless some other knowledgeable forum member has already cracked it.

I had read this thread before we collected our new beach yesterday, so when the dealer offered to do the registration in the showroom I was quite happy to let him as he said he had done several already.
He got the same problems as above and when he rang VWCS was told they are aware of the problem and the software had been down for about a week!
He advised trying again from home over the next few days.
If anyone manages to get registered in the next few days please advise. I'll do the same. Otherwise I'll be on to VWCS next week !

Thanks Archie for the info. A few of us are the same boat, or camper, obviously. One thing I have sussed out is getting Android Auto (AA) working, which was also a no go, until I tried swapping my normal car cigarette lighter USB charging cable (a decent one by Powermonkey) for a more up to date, chunkier, USB cable. This worked straight away and I have since found a reference on an American VW site that you need a USB C connector to handle the data transfer. Carnet still wants the registration code though which we can't yet complete. But at least my hard wired connection is working now which seems to confirm that the Carnet hardware is actually installed.

AA has not yet set my world on fire but we'll see.

Hope this might be handy for any other Androidite in the same position.

Is it true that there is a 90 day limit for Registration on a new vehicle?

A friend of my son has just bought a Golf GTE and has the same issue; apparently no one has been able to register for the last 3 months. We were fortunate (unfortunate?) to be able to register ours about 9 months ago, but it often will not log in and when it does there is an error when we try to switch the air con (= heating) on. Poor show from VW, they must have been too busy on the cheat software :D

Update from VW CV customer service 7 March. The Carnet registration problem is a known issue that they are working to fix. Timescales were hazy but customers will not fall foul of the 90 day limit rule as highlighted by WG should the fix not be forthcoming by then.

Update from VW CV customer service 7 March. The Carnet registration problem is a known issue that they are working to fix. Timescales were hazy but customers will not fall foul of the 90 day limit rule as highlighted by WG should the fix not be forthcoming by then.
Thanks for the update Young C. All rather frustrating to think they have a known problem with no clear timescale for sorting it out. Rather comforting to know that the 90 limit will not apply but rather worrying that it might take that long!!
Let's hope for some positive news sooner rather than later.

Just tried to register mine too and it didn't work. I've been liaising with Dominic Stephenson the Executive Customer Relations Manager throughout my purchase process and I've emailed him today. If I get any useful info I'll post it.

Just tried to register mine too and it didn't work. I've been liaising with Dominic Stephenson the Executive Customer Relations Manager throughout my purchase process and I've emailed him today. If I get any useful info I'll post it.

This is the response that I've just received...

I believe there is a worldwide issue with the portal for the Car Net system. It is been addressed and a fix worked on. I am afraid that it may not be working by the weekend, however I will continue to get updates and will have further updates for you on Friday 11th March.

And the Car Industry says that "Driverless " cars are the way forward! :headbang:headbang:Nailbiting:Nailbiting

Do any new owners have the car net facility which is part of the Discover Media Nav Plus?

You need to register the vehicle on line and receive an 8 digit code to enter on the vehicles system to go live.

I have tried several times to register but the VW site does not recognise my VIN number. When entering the VIN number the default page starts with WVW but my number starts WV2 I have deleted the W and replaced it with the 2 and the rest of my VIN number but it keeps rejecting it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or am I doing something really stupid (wouldn't be the first time!!)
Just had a call from VW customer service and issue is now resolved.
Delete the last W and enter VIN number.
Have just completed my registration and received the 8 digit number to set up on the vehicle.
So all sorted. Be interesting to see how good it is.

Just had a call from VW customer service and issue is now resolved.
Delete the last W and enter VIN number.
Have just completed my registration and received the 8 digit number to set up on the vehicle.
So all sorted. Be interesting to see how good it is.

Thanks @Nick S. I've just tried it and it worked for me too now. Will input the code later in the van and fingers crossed ...

My wife has done ours today too! Although she has been too busy playing with the ACC and sat nav to look at it too closely. I gather it is reporting the fuel prices of the local filling stations but not the one she actually uses on the way to work!
Time will tell whether it is genuinely useful or not for us.

I've finally got around to trying to register and set up carnet.
I've followed the advice above and got my code to input - thanks.
However, having tried three times I am getting an 'unsuccessful registration' message.
I have my iPhone plugged in to the centre console. To be sure I was connected to internet I connected the WLAN to my home wifi and also BT WLAN FON. Both are showing as connected under WLAN. So, am not sure what else I need to do???
I'm useless with IT so any suggestions welcome...

Back