Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car-Net Registration

audio2

audio2

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone assist me with registration, because my vin number is not accepted.

My California is not an import. I want to use VW car-net app, but cannot register on VW’s website.

i had the same problem gave up in the end

Maybe a daft question but what does car-net actually get you? I've seen the icon on the car-play icon screen but never got much beyond that :)

If I could access it I could answer your question. Someone yesterday on the forum was saying how useful it was.

If I could access it I could answer your question. Someone yesterday on the forum was saying how useful it was.

It can show you prices at local gas stations
Weather report
News
Traffic warnings
Number of free places at local car park

You need to connect your mobile phone in order to get the data in. It's a paid service (you get 3 y for free). I will not be paying for it in the future. You can get anything they offer for free out of your mobile anyway. Just use Carplay.

I don't think car net works for VW vans only cars

Car-net is most useful if you have a hybrid or electric VW as you are able to program the charge times and warm the heater up and defrost the windows remotely from your smartphone. My wife has one so we already had the app installed when we got our latest Ocean.

It is a lot less functional for the California, (see screenshots below) but you do get 3 months free Apple Music when you activate it. You already get 3 months free trial from Apple, so it is possible to get 6 months for nothing. You can cancel it at the end.

I don’t know what the problem is with activation, best to contact support and let them sort it.

Golf hybrid:
86431D69-749B-4B0B-A5ED-C9CA8B3A052A.jpeg

California:-
5727F9FB-7C72-4054-B933-E474E1070F47.jpeg

Some bed time reading, my experience is it does not work reliably
That is true, it’s been pretty rubbish in our experience with the Golf GTE since we got it in 2015. However, in the last 2 months it seems to have been behaving; touch wood!

I have a dongle constantly plugged onto the car and have car-net close to 24/7 (it drops out in tunnels and deep remote valleys). It gives green, orange or red lines on the Sat Nav display alongside trunk routes indicating traffic flow - it is surprisingly accurate. It can be useful to see the weather at your destination while on the move.

Unfortunately, as the traffic information is trunk routes only, it makes the Sat-Nav tell you to do goofy things, like drive through a gridlocked town centre (where it has no traffic info) instead of takinging the sluggish flowing bypass (shown by red lines alongside the trunk route).

Here's a photo of the M25 traffic flow this morning.

IMG_2393.JPG

And close up on the Dartford River Crossings.

IMG_2394.JPG

Last edited:
I just tried to register my Cali but it said my Vin couldn't be added so that was short and sweet

Back