Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show 2018

I cannot disagree with anything you have said. But consider this:
Remove cyclists from the road and motor vehicle occupant deaths will hardly change.
Remove pedestrians from the road and motor vehicle occupant deaths will hardly change.
Remove motor vehicles from the road and cyclist and pedestrian deaths will substantially drop.

It may be creative, but limiting car deaths to occupants only is misleading.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
So Simple, So Logical. The Liberal Elite would love that.:kiss:Nailbiting

So Simple, So Logical. The Liberal Elite would love that.:kiss:Nailbiting
Why the animosity?

I'm simply suggesting that limiting vehicle deaths to occupants only is misleading. It is treating the deaths of other road users by motor vehicle drivers as 'collateral damage'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rs-dead-car-crashes-west-london-bus-stop/amp/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/152...ective-tyres-after-killing-four-cyclists.html

The seven deaths above would not register on the quoted data as car related, simply as another three pedestrian deaths and another four cyclist deaths.

Why the animosity?

I'm simply suggesting that limiting vehicle deaths to occupants only is misleading. It is treating the deaths of other road users by motor vehicle drivers as 'collateral damage'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rs-dead-car-crashes-west-london-bus-stop/amp/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/152...ective-tyres-after-killing-four-cyclists.html

The seven deaths above would not register on the quoted data as car related, simply as another three pedestrian deaths and another four cyclist deaths.

Sorry but you are talking about cyclists and I was referring to young men who died when their natural exuberance on powerful motorcycles clashed with the laws of physics
That people also perish on cycles is a deplorable and often preventable event and is a different subject.

Sorry but you are talking about cyclists and I was referring to young men who died when their natural exuberance on powerful motorcycles clashed with the laws of physics
That people also perish on cycles is a deplorable and often preventable event and is a different subject.

I have zero experience of motorbikes or motorcycling. I was simply picking up on the quoted data suggesting that walking or cycling is 17 times more dangerous than driving.

What I do find particularly interesting from the quoted data is that cycling is just as safe as walking mile for mile.

The Scottish Caravan and Motorhome Show is on this weekend I believe at the SEC Glasgow if interested.

What I do find particularly interesting from the quoted data is that cycling is just as safe as walking mile for mile.

Not so Tom; cyclists killed or seriously injured 1036, pedestrians 463. Now can we get back on topic?

Drove down to the SEC Glasgow for the Caravan Show today. Lots of VW conversions on display including the new Westfalia Kepler6. Clarks had the Ocean and Beach on display but the Ocean was in a flat blue colour which did not show the Cali to its best in the arena. Kepler looks good but still prefer my Ocean for my use.

Going Saturday... 1st time :0)

is this thread about the nec show or about who dies best in road accidents? anyway I've crashed a few mopeds drunk in Thailand plus I'm going to the show on Saturday so I think I'm best to comment ...is there a Marco polo to look at? only calis I saw there last year were with camper vantastic. 1 ocean. 1 beach

No Marco Polo....
Went on Tuesday to NEC. Met California Campers Shaun and Lizzy, saw a VW Caledonian (sic) and many many VW conversions which were mostly petrol. Westfalia stand most impressive.
Went last Feb. after which we came to the conclusion that the only choice for us is the California.
Bought an Awning and drove home in the queues on M42 .

Last edited:
Back