Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravelle pop top ...what else would we need?

S

Sarahphippen123

Vehicle
N/A
Hi, I have a bay camper which my kids have outgrown...we also have 2018 caravelle exec tdi and are considering selling the bay and having a pop top installed so kids could sleep downstairs and we'd be in the roof, with maybe a pull out pod and side awning, so wanted to see what others had done in this situation? The only bit of the "kitchen" we use in the bay is the fridge, otherwise we cook and do dishes outside of the van, so don't need a full blown set up. Any advice gratefully received...especially if you have pics of the interior finished and what it looks like from the exterior, and recommendations for a fridge that might fit under the multiplex board in the rear? Thanks.

Seem to recall there are complications with trying to put a pop top into a caravelle because of the HVAC?

Hi, I have a bay camper which my kids have outgrown...we also have 2018 caravelle exec tdi and are considering selling the bay and having a pop top installed so kids could sleep downstairs and we'd be in the roof, with maybe a pull out pod and side awning, so wanted to see what others had done in this situation? The only bit of the "kitchen" we use in the bay is the fridge, otherwise we cook and do dishes outside of the van, so don't need a full blown set up. Any advice gratefully received...especially if you have pics of the interior finished and what it looks like from the exterior, and recommendations for a fridge that might fit under the multiplex board in the rear? Thanks.
I gather fitting a pop top to a Caravelle is not as straightforward as fitting one to a panel van/Shuttle due to the rear heating/AirCon which I would presume you wish to retain. It is perfectly possible but only a few converters will undertake the fitting.

I gather this company, Slidepods, has done such a conversion.