Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravelle Pop Top?

B

Bessybus

Vehicle
Please Select
Hi I need help, I have just bought a caravelle and want a pop top roof, has anyone had any recent experience of doing this? I want to save the air con strips in the back, perhaps refit down each side, I have read some threads but 6 years old and the company recommendations are poor With bad reviews. Thanks.

We had a T5 Caravelle and planned to put a pop top on but hit the a same problem; most converters rip out the rear Aircon vents. The ones that didn't charged a lot extra.
Might be worth approaching a converter local to you to discuss options.
Or buy a Cali, which was our final answer, but realise that may not be an option for you.

I just wonder how hard it would be, so tempted to have a look underneath, I have been looking for YouTube videos on this subject but found nothing, just out of interest did you get any quotes?

It’s easier to turn a Beach into a Velle rather than the other way around.

No quotes, just internet research - about £5k from memory, just for the pop top whilst shifting the vent to the sides.
This site is difficult to navigate, but has the parts diagrams. Use your VIN and you may find the right diagrams.

Reimo website mentions Climatronic, might be worth asking a Reimo installer in the UK for more info:

No personal experience but Kernow certainly seem to fit California poptops to Caravelles from their website/facebook with photos of the interior when they have finished. Toyed with the idea of visiting them while in Cornwall in the summer just out of curiosity, as originally planned to buy a Caravelle and convert it , before we bought out Cali.

I am almost there with a decision, HiLow Roof are looking favourites at the moment and have confirmed they are able to keep lights and air con units
I would be keen to follow your journey. If you are happy to, please share as many photos and ideas as you like.

I am almost there with a decision, HiLow Roof are looking favourites at the moment and have confirmed they are able to keep lights and air con units
Take care. I suggest you read this thread on the T6 Forum, especially regarding fitters.

i hope not I have just paid my deposit, but they do encourage a diy option, is this because people aren’t fitting them properly ‍♀️

Just to update you I have decided to go for a HiLow roof through BigVKampers, the help and advice they have given is amazing, even offering to remove my current seats and photograph them so I can sell them on EBay. I have also asked them to supply and fit a solar panel while there to save me re drilling the roof at a later date, I have opted for an open canvas version which is a lattice more, but thinking I’m only doing this once. They are keeping my lights and air con in the back, and all in
, about 6k

Just to update you I have decided to go for a HiLow roof through BigVKampers, the help and advice they have given is amazing, even offering to remove my current seats and photograph them so I can sell them on EBay. I have also asked them to supply and fit a solar panel while there to save me re drilling the roof at a later date, I have opted for an open canvas version which is a lattice more, but thinking I’m only doing this once. They are keeping my lights and air con in the back, and all in
, about 6k
I’m very pleased to hear you’ve found a company with good customer engagement. I hope they pull of a good job for you. The HiLo roofs, certainly look subtle and sleek when in the driving position. Good luck.

, about 6k
My mate bought a Sportline T5 in 2009 and when it was a week old he
sent it in to get the roof peeled off and had a pop top fitted, cost him about
4k and he was happy. he sold it 5 yrs later.

Take care. I suggest you read this thread on the T6 Forum, especially regarding fitters.

Thank you very much for this, I will definitely ask what guarantees they off for post fitting warranties. It looks a very big concern, with their own spray booth, wrapping services etc

I raised my concerns with BigVCampers and they have totally put my mind at rest, they said everything I had heard was true, they have vans from other fitters to put right, they thoroughly check the roofs for damage knowing the company they are dealing with And the van won’t leave them until it has been thoroughly checked for leaks and I’m happy.

Back