Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet / Mats Wanted

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After camping in our new Cali for the first time with our 16 month old baby it's time to start wrapping it in bubble wrap! We are looking for a set of carpets for a 2 rail seat configuration. Please let me know if you might be considering selling a set, preferably including front, mid and rear, but front and mid would be considered.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Just put vw california mats into eBay and you will pleasantly surprised with the range of options, and prices. Good luck, ours is due next month and we have exactly the same sticky finger predicament !

I ordered a set of the very hard wearing type from ebay - having phoned previously to check into details etc. the service was great, I ordered the three rail living area carpet and it arrived today - only £40 including fedex delivery. Very pleased with it.

We could not use a standard bit of off cut carpet because we need to be able to slide the bench right forward so that we can talk to our young son when driving along.

The ebay options also include full sets (front, living area and boot) for between 60-80 quid depending on what quality you choose. They come in all colours and are custom made for the Cali for a perfect fit - as I say, took delivery today to protect the floor of our one week young Cali.

Search for VW California mat (rather than carpet) and all the options will come up.

We purchased a set off Ebay for around £30 and they were total crap and ended up in the bin, we then joined the club and purchased the Velour set from QTM and got a VIP discount. Very good quality and delivered next day. I then purchased a Cali Topper and saved another £20. Makes VIP membership a no brainer.

Thanks everyone, did you order the prestige velour or standard velour from QTM?

I decided to go for the slightly more expensive but harder wearing ribbed quality. The three rail version for the living area was not listed in that finish (only the two rail version) but when I called they said no problem, they could do it.

The ribbed version is quite tough and a bit scratchy so if you want floor time for your baby then the velour option is probably better as it will be a bit softer. I have just fitted mine and it is perfect - I now wish I had ordered the full set and will call them tomorrow to see if they can do just the front carpets for me to match. Mine were from 'exclusive-car mats' ( the ribbed in dark grey) but I get the impression it is all the same company - the listings all look so similar and I think the contact phone numbers match in places.

I did buy a set of the VW Monster mats but have been left with the middle bit uncovered and vulnerable.

Following this thread and VIP links I have been looking for a set for my Beach, but most listings are for 2 & 3 rails whilst I have four rails. I suspect that I need the 3 rail set, but I'm not sure. :crazy

Can anyone confirm the mat set required for a double seat Beach??

Andy

Goldie said:
Following this thread and VIP links I have been looking for a set for my Beach, but most listings are for 2 & 3 rails whilst I have four rails. I suspect that I need the 3 rail set, but I'm not sure. :crazy

Andy

The California 3 rail set won't fit properly in a Beach version. I have seen images of someone trying it and it leaves a section uncovered where the fridge is located. Wasn't a problem for them as they mentioned that you don't actually walk on that area anyway. But it certainly isn't going to be a nice perfect fit.
We are wanting to start doing sets for the Beach models.
If anyone is willing to make a paper template for the living area and boot area we will make them a set FOC!
Drop me a message if interested and i will try to give you some tips on making a template.

QTMDirect2U said:
Goldie said:

Andy

The California 3 rail set won't fit properly in a Beach version. I have seen images of someone trying it and it leaves a section uncovered where the fridge is located. Wasn't a problem for them as they mentioned that you don't actually walk on that area anyway. But it certainly isn't going to be a nice perfect fit.
We are wanting to start doing sets for the Beach models.
If anyone is willing to make a paper template for the living area and boot area we will make them a set FOC!
Drop me a message if interested and i will try to give you some tips on making a template.

Chris, I would like to help out but Beach and I have emigrated to Wellington NZ.

2 seater and 3 seater Beach have a different layout. Depending on the thickness of the mats you may be able to put the mat under the locker on the left hand side and still bolt down the locker but it is a tight fit. I bought a cheap California SE set (3 rail) from one of your competitors when they had an offer on. A you say, fit is not perfect but the gap is covered by my fridge which sits behind passenger seat.

Front cabin mat is still the same and in my opinion the most important as it protects the light grey carpet in middle where you stand to open the Beach roof. Carpet in the back nice to have but not essential as the floor is easily cleaned.

Andy