Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet Rugs for the california

Alioop

Alioop

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, we bought our VW California (Poppy the pop top) earlier this year and have totally fallen in love with her and the adventures she brings. We totally enjoyed putting our stamp on things with campervan cushions and various stickers but I had trouble finding a carpet rug to protect the rails from getting scratched, etc. I wanted something bright, fun and cosy but wouldn't be in the way at bedtime so I decided to make my own. It is a 2 piece set to make the lounge area cosy during the day and then simply place one on top of the other when the bed is out. Before I knew it other campervan owners were asking for them too so I have decided to start a small business making them. If anyone is interested please message me or look at https://www.instagram.com/campervancarpets/ for pics of the various designs.

20201020_121512.jpg

20201020_130632.jpg

20201020_130728.jpg

20201102_132707.jpg

20201102_132537.jpg

20201102_125011 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hi, we bought our VW California (Poppy the pop top) earlier this year and have totally fallen in love with her and the adventures she brings. We totally enjoyed putting our stamp on things with campervan cushions and various stickers but I had trouble finding a carpet rug to protect the rails from getting scratched, etc. I wanted something bright, fun and cosy but wouldn't be in the way at bedtime so I decided to make my own. Before I knew it other campervan owners were asking for them too so I have decided to start a small business making them. If anyone is interested please message me or look at https://www.instagram.com/campervancarpets/ for pics of the various designs.
Hi
I looked at the eBay page and only 7 designs are there . How can I get to see all of the designs please ?

Nice rugs, especially the 45cm wide ones. If I may I'd like to suggest one modification. The 100cm length ones don't cover the full width of the California floor, and hence leave part of the rails exposed to dust, sand and fur. Why not make them 106 cm long, so they cover the floor from the kitchen to 1cm from the sliding door step?

Nice rugs, especially the 45cm wide ones. If I may I'd like to suggest one modification. The 100cm length ones don't cover the full width of the California floor, and hence leave part of the rails exposed to dust, sand and fur. Why not make them 106 cm long, so they cover the floor from the kitchen to 1cm from the sliding door step?
Thank you so much for the suggestion. We are considering it as we have a california. The postage costs for
Hi there, thank you for the suggestion. It is something we have discussed as we have a california ourselves. We kept it to100cm to make it suitable for other campers aswell as the california and to keep the postage costs down. We are happy to make you one at 106cm. Maybe we will make some in both sizes and let people decide for themselves. Thanks again.

to keep the postage costs down.
I don't think 6 extra cms will make the rugs more expensive to ship. Anyway, you don't seem to ship outside the UK (I'm in France) so it won't affect me until you do.

Good to see you're also making them in 105cm now. Just sort out your international shipping and you may have a booming pan-European business!

Good to see you're also making them in 105cm now. Just sort out your international shipping and you may have a booming pan-European business!
Hi Romke, I was thinking of you the other day. We had a couple of bespoke orders which also wanted the 105cm size so I took your advice and decided to stock that size aswell. Now I am busy making them for the beach (127cm). As for the international posting, we have had a few requests so have been getting postage costs and are sending one to Germany this week. We can get a cost for France if you are still interested.
King regards
Ali

Back