Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet stains

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
So my Cali has the light grey carpets which are great and keeps the cab nice and light but they weren’t looked after by the previous owners as much as I would have liked them to and they were a bit dirty with engrained muck. Any way I have cleaned them as much as I could but there were still some stains in the carpet between the seats. I think they are bleach stains possibly from cleaning the plastic load area in the back. Any way I bought some fabric paint with a view to basically painting the stains with hopefully the same colour or as near as I could get it. I sourced a supplier that had loads of colours to choose from and 1 looked almost the same colour as the carpets. I sent an email to ask if this fabric paint will do a carpet with a pile and the answer was yes but as it has a pile you need to brush it in and brush in all directions so the paint doesn’t stick to he pile fibers together. So I bought some and when it got delivered I did a test under the drivers seat. It seemed a bit lighter than the carpet. Anyway I was happy with it been a lighter shade of grey than a yellow patch. Luckily for me once it dries it is almost the exact same colour as the carpets. I’m going to do the carpet bit next to the foot rest next as it’s really grubby and will not get any cleaner no matter what I do. The fabric paint is quite watery and nowhere near as gloopy as normal paint. Once everything had dried I sprayed the painted area with water then gave a good rub with a sturdy scrubbing brush to fluff the pile of the carpet out . I’m very happy with the results. Pictures attached and a link to what I used if anyone else has stains they can’t remove.

8D8EDBA1-E92C-457F-B543-126EA42934FE.png

6973A7C2-BDF1-444A-9A63-CAD9DD5B6E8B.png

3AA3E8AF-0372-4C0E-81F3-C2034FC97AAF.jpeg