Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cars made for dog owners?

Very inventif but....
Pricetag for this ....?

I have a Nissan X trail and it was bought with the dogs in mind. At the time of buying it I had four dogs and it was the only car I could get my dog cages in and which gave me extra space and the ability to get off muddy fields at dog agility competitions. I absolutely love it, even though it is now 8 years old and a bit battered.
My husband hates it, dismissing it as a heap of junk (could be because it is fire engine red with lots of chrome!). As @Velma's Dad says the dogs wotsits!!!!!

I'm a dog owner but I just don't get the cage thing?
A neighbour of mine has a cage. Poor animal spends half its life behind bars. WTF?

I'm a dog owner but I just don't get the cage thing?
A neighbour of mine has a cage. Poor animal spends half its life behind bars. WTF?

It depends why you use the cage.
I want safe transport for my dogs. So I spent a lot of money (£500 I think) on bespoke Barjo cages. They are bolted on to the back headrests of my passenger seats and also have doors you can lock with padlocks.

When we did agility shows I needed strong lockable cages and also a ventlock so that the boot tailgate can be secured in place but still allowing ventilation to the dogs.

Unfortunately dog theft is rife.

I totally agree that leaving a dog locked in a cage for hours on end without proper exercise is not right but for those of us wanting a safe and secure resting place for our canine companions cages are invaluable.

The dog ramp looks interesting. I might think about how to attach one to the underneath of the boot shelf. As time goes by, I find it more difficult to lift our Border Collie into the back of the California (arthritis in the lower back).