Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cat 5 Tracker company recommendations

B

BRC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have to fit a cat 5 tracker to new Ocean for hiring out, just wondering if any recommendations for companies experienced in Cali installs or just use one of the many nationwide firms? Price wise they all look to be £6-700 plus £200/yr subscription.

I have to fit a cat 5 tracker to new Ocean for hiring out, just wondering if any recommendations for companies experienced in Cali installs or just use one of the many nationwide firms? Price wise they all look to be £6-700 plus £200/yr subscription.
We buy the £40 trackers from amazon plus £85 per year subscription. Primarily to spot speeding in the vintage vans. They seem to do everything including zones and speeding. I have never looked but are none of these cheap DIY versions insurance approved? Probably not but if a Cali gets nicked I don’t really want it back anyway. Make a claim and get a shiny new one!! Our insurers want a tracker if any van is over £50k so we insure them for £49995. The broker says this is okay.

Good thinking, the Cali is ‘only’ just over the £50k ex vat so the moment we drive it out of the showroom it’s going to be worth less than £50k. Still get a tracker as you do but not £700 plus £200/yr subscription.

Good thinking, the Cali is ‘only’ just over the £50k ex vat so the moment we drive it out of the showroom it’s going to be worth less than £50k. Still get a tracker as you do but not £700 plus £200/yr subscription.
Actually I think the insurance threshold is £50k plus VAT but I’d have to check.

It is £50k plus vat if you are claiming vat back through business because if you have a claim they only payout ex vat price because you claim the vat element back.

Back