Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comparing seat covers

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
A comparison of seat covers. Please add your opinions/experiences.

We took delivery of or Ocean 6.1 about a month ago. We didn’t really like any of the standard VW seat cover designs, and eventually picked the one we disliked least. Our preference would have been high quality leather-like grey or black with grey Alcantara inserts. Since delivery, we have been considering aftermarket covers, and I am interested in opinions from the community. I’ve numbered the different offerings I have found so that you can refer to the numbers if replying. If you want to mention seat covers that I have not, please continue my numbering. Apart from the VW originals, we have none of the alternatives so my opinions are based purely on what I can glean from the Internet. Prices below are approximate without shipping!!

1) The original VW seat covers, in our case “Circuit”. Price - nil, we already paid for them. Fit - excellent. Patterns - boring. Airbag compatible - yes. Robustness - looks great, we have a 2008 T5 Multivan and the seats have held up extremely well, so no reason to think these will not.

2) Brandrup. Same fabrics as originals. Price - £630. Fit - seems very good. Patterns - same as VW - boring. Airbag compatible - yes. Robustness - looks to be as good as originals.

2) Campervantastic UK. Nice! My choice so far. Price - £590. Fit - seems excellent from photos. Patterns - Black/Grey or Black/Black, no pattern. Airbag compatible - yes. Robustness, unknown.

3) California Club shop. Look nice - my second choice. I like the VW logo. Price - £700. Fit - seems excellent from photos. Patterns - Black/Grey, no pattern. Airbag compatible - yes. Robustness, unknown.

4) California-camping.de (English language as well as German). Price - £419. Poor photos so hard to judge fit but looks OK. Black/Grey or Black/Black, Alcantara insets. Airbag compatible - yes. Robustness, unknown.

5) Another British manufacturer that has a very wide range of materials, colours and also does custom patterns and logos. I think it's Seat Surgeons in York. See this post https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t5-california-leather-retrim.43690/.

6) I just stumbled on another site that offers very colourful covers:
German language only but your browser will translate!

Opinions and other details of covers from manufacturers welcome.

Can anyone post opinions of any seat covers they have bought or are considering please?

Last edited:
Can anyone post opinions of any seat covers they have bought or are considering please?
I opted for a full leather retrim, super practical, not at all cold, easy to keep pristine.
the cost was not as expensive as you may think

I posted my experience in another thread

if you use the search function (top right) you will get all the information you need from previous threads, seat covers / retrim is a personal choice.

A782FC5E-DA20-4837-B8C1-759344CA4844.jpeg

We bought Brandup covers for the front seats. They are exactly the same as the original and the fit is so good that unless you look closely you wouldnt realise they are covers. They were a bit fiddly to fit but well worth it. On the bench we have a brightly coloured throw tucked in that acts as a spare blanket on cold nights.

We have the Premium GTI Fabric Seat Covers from the club shop. For us very practical. Mud/dirt/dog hairs are all easy to brush off. Stubborn dirt has wiped off with a damp cloth. Design is great if you don’t want something too dark and don’t mind the logo.

We have the Premium GTI Fabric Seat Covers from the club shop. For us very practical. Mud/dirt/dog hairs are all easy to brush off. Stubborn dirt has wiped off with a damp cloth. Design is great if you don’t want something too dark and don’t mind the logo.

Very happy with these, still look like new 2.5 years later and we have 2 dogs that are always in the van with us.

28EFFCFC-E45F-415B-9B1A-02AD9D55905B.jpeg

Our by the beach (we live in Cornwall) life of wetsuits, a golden retriever who loves the water, surf boards ..... meant I went for waterproof seat covers.
I couldn't get them for the rear seats and side boxes (California Beach) so had them made in the same material.

Photos of the end result are on a previous thread on this forum.

It works great for us !

Yes, saw those and they look great! The pictures on the club site are not so great, so thanks to other posters that have posted pictures. We'll probably get these.

Ukatex. German made, check their website. They are excellent quality and half the price.

Back