Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caveat Emptor

R

Robert_S

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Dealer told us that our new order California Ocean had been damaged during delivery at the dealership. My wife and I were assured that the repairs would be carried out by a VW Approved bodyshop and fully guaranteed etc. We decided not to proceed with the purchase and received a full refund of our deposit and have since bought a California Ocean from a different dealer. The repaired vehicle may still be within the VW Dealer network. Some prospective purchasers of a new vehicle may be undeterred by damage repair work, others (like us) may prefer not to have a repaired, 'new', vehicle and may wish to ask specific questions to ensure that the complete provenance of their prospective purchase is disclosed to them.

We remain on amicable terms with the dealer and will not name them or enter into further forum discussion.

Vehicle is California Ocean 2.0TDi, 199PS DSG, Indium Grey.

Yes, sir, we can fix your van before we deliver it to you - trust us we are a VW main dealer.

flat.jpg

Not uncommon for many Dealerships, not just VW, they all do it. At least your Dealership were honest about it and told you. They are definitely the exception.

Dealer told us that our new order California Ocean had been damaged during delivery at the dealership. My wife and I were assured that the repairs would be carried out by a VW Approved bodyshop and fully guaranteed etc. We decided not to proceed with the purchase and received a full refund of our deposit and have since bought a California Ocean from a different dealer. The repaired vehicle may still be within the VW Dealer network. Some prospective purchasers of a new vehicle may be undeterred by damage repair work, others (like us) may prefer not to have a repaired, 'new', vehicle and may wish to ask specific questions to ensure that the complete provenance of their prospective purchase is disclosed to them.

We remain on amicable terms with the dealer and will not name them or enter into further forum discussion.

Vehicle is California Ocean 2.0TDi, 199PS DSG, Indium Grey.
I think industry wide, this happens. When my husband bought a new Range Rover in 2005 and sold it in 2016, the new owner informed us that the rear end had been dot dot dot (women's car talk) and was done during delivery. We had never had an accident of any kind in it. You're lucky the dealer told you that it happened!

Back