Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central control panel heater timer error?

• Thread starter Tunworththunderbolt
  • Start date
Tunworththunderbolt

Tunworththunderbolt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I wonder if anyone can help? My 2013 VW Cali SE 140 recently came back from a service at SMG and I have just noticed a strange symbol in the central control panel which I haven't seen before and I can't figure out exactly what it is from the manual.
Top centre of the panel is a circular clock symbol with a "1" in a box within the circular clock symbol.
The manual only shows a clock symbol with a meaning of "switch on time for the supplementary heating system has been set". It does not refer to the symbol I have on my display
I have not set the heater and when the heater is interrogated through the control panel it shows as not set.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

My first control panel showed that and it is pretty harmless and meaningless.

Go into display settings and change it to something meaningful such as battery charge levels.

Perfect, thanks. SMG must have changed it and coudn't work out what it was. All sorted now thank you

Is it the Wake up alarm or Countdown alarm which are set through the Clock menu?

Haven't a clue what it meant other than "change me to something useful please" ....

Of course I am now a veteran of three control panels, probably a 4th when Albert finally comes back home, so the early ones are now distant memories.

I wonder if anyone can help? My 2013 VW Cali SE 140 recently came back from a service at SMG and I have just noticed a strange symbol in the central control panel which I haven't seen before and I can't figure out exactly what it is from the manual.
Top centre of the panel is a circular clock symbol with a "1" in a box within the circular clock symbol.
The manual only shows a clock symbol with a meaning of "switch on time for the supplementary heating system has been set". It does not refer to the symbol I have on my display
I have not set the heater and when the heater is interrogated through the control panel it shows as not set.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

Seems i got the same thing on mine !
Panel usually shows battery status but while scolling the menu i came up it....
No heating timer set and no alarms set , still this icon shows....
Did you solve it ? ...and how?
Indeed the manual gives no solution.

Hi yes, followed Grannyjen's advice above and went into display and chose something like outside temperature. No idea what the symbol is that was displayed but all now good!

Hi yes, followed Grannyjen's advice above and went into display and chose something like outside temperature. No idea what the symbol is that was displayed but all now good!

Ok , figured that out already as mine always is set to "battery status" and just while scolling the menu popt in to this....
Wil look further...
TKX

Back