Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central Control Panel

J

John Batty

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I joined the club earlier this year. My wife and I own a 2.5 California which we bought new when we retired in 2008. We've had very few problems with it over the years until recently when the central control panel became unreadable. The reset button restored part of the display - just about enough to operate the roof and fridge - but it would soon deteriorate. I read on the forum about Verotonics in Eindhoven who can repair the unit at modest cost. A new one is £600+. I emailed them and Miriam got straight back to me with an estimate of around £130 + postage which in my case included replacing the rotary knob which had become very worn. I had the unit back within 10 days in perfect working order with a total cost of £144 including postage and the bank transfer fee. I would mention that getting the unit out is not easy for those less technically minded and I had help from a friend. There is a video on line which is quite useful. Full marks to Verotronics for excellent service at a reasonable price.

I joined the club earlier this year. My wife and I own a 2.5 California which we bought new when we retired in 2008. We've had very few problems with it over the years until recently when the central control panel became unreadable. The reset button restored part of the display - just about enough to operate the roof and fridge - but it would soon deteriorate. I read on the forum about Verotonics in Eindhoven who can repair the unit at modest cost. A new one is £600+. I emailed them and Miriam got straight back to me with an estimate of around £130 + postage which in my case included replacing the rotary knob which had become very worn. I had the unit back within 10 days in perfect working order with a total cost of £144 including postage and the bank transfer fee. I would mention that getting the unit out is not easy for those less technically minded and I had help from a friend. There is a video on line which is quite useful. Full marks to Verotronics for excellent service at a reasonable price.
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Now you are all sorted you must tell us about your travels, any recommendations and definitely pictures, Please.

I had problems with the rotary switch and replaced the whole fascia (buttons and screen) with a new one bought on this site for £35. Works perfectly and easy diy.

Back