Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CFCA dipstick issue

speedo

speedo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi. I fitted a new EGR cooler yesterday, and obviously changed the oil at the same time.
The spec say my tdi 180 should hold 7ltr of engine oil.
I added 7ltrs, but it was no where on the dipstick.
So I added a touch more, but stopped at 8 ltrs.
I cant understand what going on. The dipstick tube is definitely in, as there are 2x m5 torn bolts holding it down.
I think she may have the wrong dipstick.
Can anyone help?.
Have you had tbus ussue before?
Could anyone with a T5.1 2.0 tdi 180 CFCA measure their dipstick length for me please, before I replace mine.
Thanks in advance
Pauly

My CCHA (140hp) engine contains between 7 and 7,5 liters of oil.
If you replace the EGR-cooler from a biturbo engine, you replace the oil cooler and oil filter housing as well.
This may cause the need to fill more oil after the replacement. But as I don't have a biturbo engine, I don't know if my dipstick is the same length as yours.

The spec say my tdi 180 should hold 7ltr of engine oil.
I added 7ltrs, but it was no where on the dipstick.
So I added a touch more, but stopped at 8 ltrs.
I cant understand what going on. The dipstick tube is definitely in, as there are 2x m5 torn bolts holding it down.
Is the same dipstick that you have refitted? If so it must be correct.
I think as hinted above, the 7 litres is the amount required for an oil change. More would be needed after a strip down as an oil change doesn’t replace all the oil.

I should add, this is the second oil change I have done. I had the same issue the first time round, which was back in February. Since then I haven't really used her, as I have been carrying out the roof conversion, as it's a caravelle at heart.
I did remove the dipstick tube when I replaced the EGR cooler, as it gets in the way, and yes the EGR cooler is built into oil filter housing.
I purchased her at the end of last year, and just went with the oil level on the dipstick, as you would. But I'm concerned with the amount I have put in. The sump looks original and O.E.
Thank for you help guys..

Back