Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CFX28 issue

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My weaco cfx28 works if plugged into the mains but won’t cool on 12volts. The battery is fine showing 12.9 volts, anyone had any ideas what could be wrong.

Is the 12v socket working. There is also a fuse in the 12v plug. 8A on my Dometic CF-32

Is the 12v socket working. There is also a fuse in the 12v plug. 8A on my Dometic CF-32
Yes socket is working and the fridge is working but the temperature slowly creeps up. If this is a battery issue I think that the fridge would turn off rather than stay on and increase in temp. Heater and everything else works fine.

Yes socket is working and the fridge is working but the temperature slowly creeps up. If this is a battery issue I think that the fridge would turn off rather than stay on and increase in temp. Heater and everything else works fine.
You need to know what the voltage is at the fridge end of the cable. A long / thin lead can produce a voltage drop.
does the fridge have a variable voltage setting that will switch off the fridge to avoid flattening the battery?

If it is dual electric , Mains or 12v, with separate leads, rather than a mains to 12v power converter lead ?

Last edited:
You need to know what the voltage is at the fridge end of the cable. A long / thin lead can produce a voltage drop.
does the fridge have a variable voltage setting that will switch off the fridge to avoid flattening the battery?

If it is dual electric , Mains or 12v, with separate leads, rather than a mains to 12v power converter lead ?
Yes, two leads one to 12v and one to mains and it does have a variable voltage setting which is on low. I will put it in my car later to see if it works which could indicate battery issue.

My weaco cfx28 works if plugged into the mains but won’t cool on 12volts. The battery is fine showing 12.9 volts, anyone had any ideas what could be wrong.
We had all sorts of problems with our CFX28 until we hardwired it to the battery with good thick cable.

The compressor switches off and restarts at the following voltages

Switch-off voltage at 10.1V Low, 11.4V Med, 11.8V High
Restart-voltage at 11.1V Low, 12.2V Med, 12.6V High

NB This is not the battery voltage, but the voltage at the end of the very long (and thin) 12 volt power lead.

Your first step to resolve the issue should be to switch the mode to low, spelled 'lo, Ed and Hi' on the display.

If that doesn't help, hardwire the fridge to reduce voltage drop between the battery and fridge.