Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charge Regulator - Any thoughts

T

timhutch

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I need a charge regulator fitting and wondered if anyone has experience of this.... I want to use a flexible freestanding solar panel and a small windturbine (not at the same time). I was advised that this would invalidate the warranty, but my VW dealer will not fit one for me?

Has anyone had one fitted by VW?

I think it's unlikely you'll find a VW dealer to fit one for you to be honest.

In terms of warranty it will only affect items which have sustained damage or failure due to the unauthorised parts. So for example if your tailgate fell off onto your toes it's not going to be the fault of the electrics.

As Stu has said, in theory it would only invalidate the warranty on items directly connected to it, not necessarily the whole van warranty.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice on the warranty guys.....

My post now changes to: Can anyone recommend a quality Charge Regulator, and where is the appropriate position to install this? I assume around the charging points on the leisure batteries....

Thanks in advance.
tim

I fitted a solar panel with a regulator to my boat and it worked a treat keeping the battery topped up while I was away. I am going to do the same on the Cali that I take delivery of next month. Look at Compass web site that sell boat access as they explain them .

Back