Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 1992 california solar wiring

vang

vang

Hi,

I post a couple of weeks ago about getting a 1992 vw t4 california and I'm now the owner of one and am looking at installing a solar setup to be able to live off grid with the occasional driving around the city and then for extended periods when climbing. I have the following questions:

1) What I'm not sure of is if the the car already has a regulator to charge the leisure battery because is there a regulator/circuit already in place for the leisure battery to be charge when the car is running?

2) If I had to install a regulator should the wires from the regulator go straight to the batter or do they go somewhere on the existing circuit?

3) I am thinking of getting the 100W solar kits from Lensun. They look like they will do the job for my old van. Anyone think otherwise or have any experience with these panels?

Cheers

Vang

You will need a solar regulator straight to the battery.

It is important for the life of the battery to match the regulator with the battery.

Each battery will have a specific charge phase. You will need to check what battery you have in the van. :D

Back