Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging battery

Richiebrouwer

Richiebrouwer

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When i plug de extended 220 volt kabel, does it charges always?
Or does is start below a level for instance 60% battery level.

As soon as you plug in your Ocean, the battery charger will start to charge the leisure batteries.

You can check this on the control panel. The plug symbol (bottom right) should appear and the display should show a voltage of 14.6volts DC (at the top) and a current of around 1.5 amps initially. After a while, the charger will change mode to trickle charge. The current will drop to around .06 amps, and the voltage will drop to approx 13.4volts.

It is best to leave your van plugged in for at least 24 hours to maintain battery health. I usually leave my van plugged in for around 48 hours every 4-6 weeks.

Alan

Ho Alan,

thanks for the answer.
And for the complete instructions how to change the best way

Heres a bit of advice. We were having problems with our batteries going flat in about 2 weeks Showing a discharge of -0.2 amps.. Considering they were new only last year I didnt know what to think. I tried everything but still kept going flat. I had a cam front and rear which has a little red led light on and the instrument panel. Unplugged the cams and turned off the panel and now my batteries last 2 months and down to 70%. Something a simple as that....

Heres a bit of advice. We were having problems with our batteries going flat in about 2 weeks Showing a discharge of -0.2 amps.. Considering they were new only last year I didnt know what to think. I tried everything but still kept going flat. I had a cam front and rear which has a little red led light on and the instrument panel. Unplugged the cams and turned off the panel and now my batteries last 2 months and down to 70%. Something a simple as that....
The Control Panel screen draws about 0.2amp when the screen is active. When the screen goes Off into Standby the power usage drops to O amps.
More likely to be the Cameras as if they have a power light On then they are drawing power as long as the light is on.

Thanks i have a gps-tracer conect tot the battery, i will unplug that and see wat happens.