Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging my emtb in my 2013 Cali

paulevans

paulevans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I’m starting to make plans for a few emtb trips once we’re allowed using my 2013 Cali as a base. I will look likely be away for a couple of nights and will need to recharge my bike. Preference is for a couple of nights wild camping but I suspect that this will not allow me to charge my bike, so I’m willing to use a site with hookup if that helps. The bike charger has a 3 pin plug which I hope I can use with the onboard plug socket.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

I’m starting to make plans for a few emtb trips once we’re allowed using my 2013 Cali as a base. I will look likely be away for a couple of nights and will need to recharge my bike. Preference is for a couple of nights wild camping but I suspect that this will not allow me to charge my bike, so I’m willing to use a site with hookup if that helps. The bike charger has a 3 pin plug which I hope I can use with the onboard plug socket.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.
If you are on Mains Hookup then not a problem.

If not on Mains Hookup then more of a problem. You would need a good 12v Inverter of at least 500 watts, depending on the wattage of your EMTB charger, wired directly to the Leisure Batteries, BUT this would probably flatten the Leisure Batteries quit quickly without some additional form of charging them such as Solar or only charging whilst the engine is running or you are driving.

Trick question?

Back