Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanting mood lights in my Cali !

N

ndp-camper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi probably not a priority in my newly purchased 2014 Cali but I need some advice !!
I would like some blue mood lights at the bottom of the fridge / hob unit , I have found a company who will make them up ( Aten Lighting ) they will supply a strip made up with a remote switch ready to plug in so my question is what plug to have on the cable a 12 volt into what I would call a cigarette lighter or the 2 pin socket with 150 watts on it under a flap both as you will all know down the side of the unit
Hope that makes sense !
Cheers Neil

I don't have an SE, but I think you will find the 150w socket is 240v fed from an inverter from the leisure batteries.
I would consider hardwiring the lights into the 12v circuit than using up the cigar-lighter socket.

I have some battery powered LED Campervan lights. Installed in November and still on the same battery set.
Sorry pic isn’t the best

I use battery powered fairy lights too,

Some of the powered led strips are too bright and give off a harsh light

I use LED battery tea light candles. They flicker just like real candles. Cheap and last for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also use LED fairy lights, the batteries last for ages

I tried to dodge the battery LEDs and source some USB powered. Couldn’t find what I was looking for.
I’ve been impressed with the battery version and how long they last

I don't have an SE, but I think you will find the 150w socket is 240v fed from an inverter from the leisure batteries.
I would consider hardwiring the lights into the 12v circuit than using up the cigar-lighter socket.
Cheers thanks

We also use them as a warning to our 3 year old. I put him to bed and remind him, any messing and the Campervan lights will be turned off.
Sometimes works ;)

Back