Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chattering and Squealing!!

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just had cambelt, water pump and tensioner replaced on my 180 by local VW Commercial dealer.

I am now experiencing chattering and squealing from cambelt area of engine when it is started from cold!
It goes after about 10 secs but doesn’t sound right. Think it might be something to do with drive belts to AC power steering etc.

Any ideas please?

Just had cambelt, water pump and tensioner replaced on my 180 by local VW Commercial dealer.

I am now experiencing chattering and squealing from cambelt area of engine when it is started from cold!
It goes after about 10 secs but doesn’t sound right. Think it might be something to do with drive belts to AC power steering etc.

Any ideas please?
Take it back. ASAP
I've just had mine done. No such problems.

Any ideas please?
Any outcome? All sorted?

Any outcome? All sorted?

Checked over. Belt tension tested. Couldn’t find anything. I think it could have been possibly due to water/coolant on ac,alternator belt slipping.
Coincidentally it had a belt tensioner replace under recall last year.
Done 150+ miles since check and thankfully no problems.

Which dealer please ?

Heritage, Bristol. I have nothing but praise for the service I’ve received there.
Even price matched belt , pump and tensioner change with dealer 40 miles from me.

Heritage, Bristol. I have nothing but praise for the service I’ve received there.
Even price matched belt , pump and tensioner change with dealer 40 miles from me.
Great when you get a dealer you have faith in and trust.

Back