Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cambelt Recall - November 2019

AlisonF

AlisonF

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Mine was ordered Sept 15 and delivered March 16. I’ve contacted my dealer and been advised my vehicle is not affected. So I’m assuming later build dates... maybe this was already covered, if so please ignore my post.

jhgf

jhgf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Mine was ordered Sept 15 and delivered March 16. I’ve contacted my dealer and been advised my vehicle is not affected. So I’m assuming later build dates... maybe this was already covered, if so please ignore my post.
My van has been into the dealers today for preholiday check (driving to Alps soon). It had the engine management upgrade but no mention of cambelt recall...although it routinely needs its 4 year cambelt replacement in March anyway. My van too was delivered March 2016. This agrees with Alison’s suggestion that it’s later delivery dates that are affected.

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Mine was a September 2016 delivery, so must be quite a narrow window.

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone know if there are any issues with replacement cam belts ? Perhaps Vw Guru can help ?

stephen watson

stephen watson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I took mine in today (Sep 2016) and the belt is not Gates, so wasn't affected. Engine management update also done with 10 refills of adblu in the future. Something to check if you bought the factory extended warranty when new, which I did. It still does not appear on the VW system despite 2 complaints to the dealer I bought it from. I have the receipt so It's infuriating that they don't seem to be able to rectify this.

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I took mine in today (Sep 2016) and the belt is not Gates, so wasn't affected. Engine management update also done with 10 refills of adblu in the future. Something to check if you bought the factory extended warranty when new, which I did. It still does not appear on the VW system despite 2 complaints to the dealer I bought it from. I have the receipt so It's infuriating that they don't seem to be able to rectify this.
There's quite a thread on the way VW record the factory extended warranty. This might help to reassure you...

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Back from VW after checking - no problems
That's good news as not affected, but also bad news as I will have to pay for timing belt replacing in about 10 months time as Cali will be 4 years old.
Whole job took less than an hour from arriving to leaving.
Queried if the water pump needs changing with the timing belt and was advised water pumps don't need replacing until 120,000 miles unless show signs of problems before then.
They do check water pumps when replacing timing belts. I was told timing belt replacement is a fixed price job, but if the water pump is required at the same time the extra cost is just the parts price of the water pump.

rod_vw

rod_vw

Vehicle
Motorhome
I've had a reply from Droitwich Van Centre, mine is not involved with this recall, I thought it was too old but worth asking.