Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cherished number plate service.

Y

Yorkdubshire

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, just thought mention that the DVLA has launched a new personalised registration online service. I used this to put a plate on my van and it took about 5 minutes on the site and as I had a set of plates made up already they went straight on. All you need is a V750, V5c and a DVLA login. So no more 2 to 4 week wait or forms to fill in. Thumbs up .gov developers, a very user friendly system. It says you can also take your plate off as well but haven't used this service yet.
Sorry if this is old news but it impressed me.

Hi all, just thought mention that the DVLA has launched a new personalised registration online service. I used this to put a plate on my van and it took about 5 minutes on the site and as I had a set of plates made up already they went straight on. All you need is a V750, V5c and a DVLA login. So no more 2 to 4 week wait or forms to fill in. Thumbs up .gov developers, a very user friendly system. It says you can also take your plate off as well but haven't used this service yet.
How expensive is it?!

It's the same price as it was before. You still have to pay the £80 assignment fee but you can do it all yourself online rather than sending all of your docs away to Swansea and having to wait for the updated V5c arrive before putting the number on (if you have the plates made up already).

Excellent thanks. Got my cherished number now just need a ......Cali . :) perhaps the wrong way round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can get CA11 MBZ for £399 (assignment fee included)

Excellent thanks. Got my cherished number now just need a ......Cali . :) perhaps the wrong way round.

You need the enhanced service from DVLA.

Buy the number plate then in collaboration with their subsidiary "steal the deal" they will also provide the vehicle, for a £2k supplement and a one-off visit to "Ted's blaggers" who will change the VIN numbers for you.

Have you placed your order yet Michael - we are all rooting for you
Lol thank you Tim. Never have I pondered for so long. I will get there in the end! Probably :)

Very simple to use indeed. If you remove a plate it now stays on retention for up to 10 years for the £80 fee. No more yearly bills etc. If you wish to then apply it to a vehicle its free, as the £80 assignment fee was already taken at removal :)
Only drawback is you can only use between 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday I believe. That however I minor.

I sent my docs off and a retention certificate last week and got the new log book back within 6 days. I didn't even think to look online :headbang

I sent my docs off and a retention certificate last week and got the new log book back within 6 days. I didn't even think to look online :headbang
I only found out because they included a complement slip with the details on with my V5. Think you did well with a 6 day turn around with the old way though! Wouldn't like to try it now with the new 16 plate out.
Once remember going to the DVLA local office (before they shut) in Sheffield and it was on LETSBY AVENUE near the police station. Always made me smile the name of that road.

Last edited:
Just purchased from DVLA site T6 VCO :)

Never been into personal plates but it seemed right for the Cali. Makes booking in easy with your reg.

Mike

I have several Land Rovers with plates related to the model direct from DVLA, thought this would look good
on my new ocean too and good value at £250.00 incl fees.

I couldn't resist T600VWC. :embarrased Easy to remember - I also have this as an email address :embarrased:embarrased

Only ever had one semi personalised plate that we moved onto a Golf that I had.
It was all done officially and VW were informed, but we disappeared off their system. We didn't ever have any recalls on the car. when the heater matrix failed and poured hot water over our feet we found there had been a recall for our car under it's previous registration but they hadn't linked it with the new one.
Not sure how you check things like that to make sure it doesn't happen. All the servicing was done by VW main agents until the warranty was over so it must have been on their books.