• Ascot Grey

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Morning all - having read a cliffhanger thread on the choice of Ascot Grey vs Cherry Red when the wrong colour was delivered, I thought it would be fun to have a poll on the last remaining free colour options.

Personally, I think they are the best two colours. But maybe I’m a cheap skate.

Red is described as marmite. Yet in the above post it was overwhelmingly the choice of the people.

I reflected on this - are Cherry Red people, like the colour, more assertive and outspoken?

Are Ascot Grey folks more unassuming in their views like the ‘shy Tory’ who eschews revealing their leaning in the polls?

I’ve made the poll anonymous to negate any ‘shy Tories’ (politics aside, for metaphorical purposes only!).

Let the vote decide.

NB - I think both look fabulous with black ‘swamper’ detail.

If I was erring towards red it would have to Fontana. Cherry Red is too close to Fire Engine Red, and is more of an attention getter. For me a blacked out Ascot Grey Cali is the clear winner.

I would choose both.
The top part ascot and the bottom red.
But if I had to take a decision between both it would be the ascot grey. (My wife does not like the the red)

My son has a red Combi... we are both agreed that we would probably not have had the nerve to spec red if new, however it was 6 months old when he bought it......... and he really likes it now (so do I).

As I said the other day, be careful asking for opinions because YOU will be the one that has to live with the decision. Bottom line? get what YOU like and ignore everyone else! :cool: :cool:

I never understand why grey and white are popular. White makes it look like a panel van. Grey is just so so boring when there are lovely colours available.
But then I also think two tone is awful and makes the van look like a stick of rock so nobody should listen to me, but you asked!
I like that minty green colour.
I've learnt to love my metallic 'wheat beige' or as I call it, champagne.

I never understand why grey and white are popular. White makes it look like a panel van. Grey is just so so boring when there are lovely colours available.
But then I also think two tone is awful and makes the van look like a stick of rock so nobody should listen to me, but you asked!
Beige calling grey boring. Thats the pot calling the kettle black...... :talktothehand
:thumb

Our T4 was red. Loved the van, but wouldn't have chosen red if there was a choice. I think ascot gray is beautiful! Not to outspoken, but not white. Classy. Our T5.1 is sand beige (we didn't pick the coulour, it was a second hand van) or whatever they call it, but most people call it silver which makes me die on the inside for just a little bit because I don't like silver/metallic. Think two tone is fun but gets boring after a while and is a bit to flashy for me. Ascot gray, yes, nice!

Combine them. Burgundy . Colour of my favourite drink rioja.

My son has a red Combi... we are both agreed that we would probably not have had the nerve to spec red if new, however it was 6 months old when he bought it......... and he really likes it now (so do I).

As I said the other day, be careful asking for opinions because YOU will be the one that has to live with the decision. Bottom line? get what YOU like and ignore everyone else! :cool: :cool:
Already done this. Just intruiged as to how people poll, given the overwhelming response in another thread in favour of red. Given it’s supposedly a marmite colour!

Intruiging juxtaposition of beige vs grey. Or sparkly beige vs flat beige?

Morning all - having read a cliffhanger thread on the choice of Ascot Grey vs Cherry Red when the wrong colour was delivered, I thought it would be fun to have a poll on the last remaining free colour options.

Personally, I think they are the best two colours. But maybe I’m a cheap skate.

Red is described as marmite. Yet in the above post it was overwhelmingly the choice of the people.

I reflected on this - are Cherry Red people, like the colour, more assertive and outspoken?

Are Ascot Grey folks more unassuming in their views like the ‘shy Tory’ who eschews revealing their leaning in the polls?

I’ve made the poll anonymous to negate any ‘shy Tories’ (politics aside, for metaphorical purposes only!).

Let the vote decide.

NB - I think both look fabulous with black ‘swamper’ detail.
Haha, just re read this….. I’m deffo a cherry red type :eek: :D As for the wheels….. my son put some tasty 20 in wheels on his which he had powder coated in a dark gold (!) …….. but they do look good!

Haha, just re read this….. I’m deffo a cherry red type :eek: :D As for the wheels….. my son put some tasty 20 in wheels on his which he had powder coated in a dark gold (!) …….. but they do look good!
I am conflicted. I’m definitely a Cherry Red type.

But I do think the Ascot Grey looks rather smart.

My boring financial mind says easier resale on AG