Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cherry Red vs Ascot Grey

Ascot Grey or Cherry Red

• Cherry Red

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Ascot Grey

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
I am conflicted. I’m definitely a Cherry Red type.

But I do think the Ascot Grey looks rather smart.

My boring financial mind says easier resale on AG
Do you work in Finance? Already looking at the resale value :)

This is my red van with Devonports. I do like how they look but the plan would be for gloss black at some point.

IMG_9101.jpeg

I received a cherry red one while we ordered a cali in ascot grey.
Since the nostalgic effect on me made me choose the grey and so I decided not to take the red one and wait for what I ordered and wanted. However, the colour cherry red is very beautiful and it was actually quite a difficult decision. I still look at a cherry red Cali as: I could have had one of those and I would be very happy with it. However, the ascot grey one has more reasons to be mine. I think it is a beautiful grey that has different effects depending on the weather and light. And whether I washed it, which unfortunately doesn't happen very often. I'm not going to give a preference because for me it's ascot grey, but I think they're just as beautiful.

Last edited:
I had a theory earlier. Perhaps the early showing for grey is as sensible folk they are up early & voting.

Maybe the more rebellious red folks are night owls.

Will the voting edge towards red as darkness has fallen.

This is too exciting

Looks very smart.
Not for me though. I would take a cali over any other vehicle. (Then again I’m still in the market for one )
Yep, we are having a lot more fun in our Cali..

Haha, just re read this….. I’m deffo a cherry red type :eek: :D As for the wheels….. my son put some tasty 20 in wheels on his which he had powder coated in a dark gold (!) …….. but they do look good!
I’d appreciate a pic if you have one

Not sure if the polls have closed as such, but the ratio has stabilised at ca 67% AG 33% CR.

If I had guesstimated beforehand, that would be about where I would peg it. Personal preferences aside, it's definitely a safe choice.

I would be really interested to repeat the exercise with AG vs another safe & popular colour like Starlight Blue. I love a stat. But that would be overkill!

Thanks all who have participated to date. A fun exercise and healthy debate.

@Kayleigh - I hope you picked the Pulp Fiction quote and didn't think I was being an aggresive forum nutjob!

Not sure if the polls have closed as such, but the ratio has stabilised at ca 67% AG 33% CR.

If I had guesstimated beforehand, that would be about where I would peg it. Personal preferences aside, it's definitely a safe choice.

I would be really interested to repeat the exercise with AG vs another safe & popular colour like Starlight Blue. I love a stat. But that would be overkill!

Thanks all who have participated to date. A fun exercise and healthy debate.

@Kayleigh - I hope you picked the Pulp Fiction quote and didn't think I was being an aggresive forum nutjob!
Well in a last ditch attempt to boost the red vote…

A red Cali is obviously going to be much faster than a grey Cali!!!

Here’s my (modified) Pulp Fiction quote :D

“I got a threshold, Jules Juan. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And you're crossing it. I'm a race car and you got me in the red. Just know, it's ******' dangerous to be drivin' a race car when it's in the red. It could blow.” Haha!

Definitely RED!!!

I’d appreciate a pic if you have one
These are not the best coz he has been out and got it dirty! I gave the wheel a quick flash over with the hose and rubbed the dirt off the lower section but you get the idea……..IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg