Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cinch Hub with Camper Van Connector.

The Little Red Cali

The Little Red Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Has anyone actually used the camper van connector? I’ve got a Cali on order and I like the idea of the Cinch Hub with connector as I don’t want to take up loads of space in the boot. Can’t seem to find anything online as it’s a fairly new product. Would love some feedback if you have one or the Hub.

Looks quite good. We have been using a Quechua base air tent for a similar kind of set up. Typically using the Cali awning as a cover to the base. That works quite well untill it rains like it has this week and get stung by the run off from the tent. Looks like the cinch system could help with that.

I find this style of set up far more flexible than awning plus sides. So if the cinch allows for easy uncoupling from the van for the inevitable trips off site then it should be a winner

Looks quite good. We have been using a Quechua base air tent for a similar kind of set up. Typically using the Cali awning as a cover to the base. That works quite well untill it rains like it has this week and get stung by the run off from the tent. Looks like the cinch system could help with that.

I find this style of set up far more flexible than awning plus sides. So if the cinch allows for easy uncoupling from the van for the inevitable trips off site then it should be a winner

That’s why we ordered it. We hope being a pop up design we can just unpeg it, reattach to van and then peg it down again so hoping lining back up will be much easier than a drive away awning, whilst also being much easier to erect.

Last edited:
Our Hub arrived Monday, faulty. Van connector arrived today also fauly. Numerous emails to Cinch...no response...
What was wrong with them? Mine arrived the day we went away so didn’t get to use them last weekend. Not opened yet…

We received our hub and connector this week. All looks good on initial test run (although interested to hear what faults you had @Dougie Dubz 72 in case I’ve missed something!). Waiting for the video to be uploaded on the website as couldn’t work out exactly how to attach the connector to the hub as no instructions included. I sent 2 emails, one to chase delivery of the hub as it was sent later via a different courier, and one to ask about instructions/videos, both answered very promptly by Cinch

The hub had tie down straps and the built in mats missing and the van connector hadnt even been stitched together in one part. I have spent just shy of £900 on various bits and bobs all to match, as you can imagine I am not impressed. Out of curiosity has anyone got an actual phone number for Cinch?

20230821_113321.jpg

20230823_105216.jpg

All my correspondence with them has been excellent...really prompt, helpful and they separated out some festoon lights from their other tent range which arrived in May and thought would look good hanging around the awning and plug in with USB.
The main tents and connectors etc have all come in dribs and drabs this week and were very well boxed and protected in transit. I will have to check now to see what the finished product is like but cant do that for a couple of weeks as going away on non camper hols.
Im sure any defects will be replaced, just hope its not a theme or they have changed manufacturer and quality reduced ...I know these things have been on order for ages...I went to the NEC show in Feb, saw how good they were and ordered then. Im sure they are absolutely snowed under getting deliveries out and very out of character...give them a chance, but I can appreciate the disappointment after the wait.

We received our hub and connector this week. All looks good on initial test run (although interested to hear what faults you had @Dougie Dubz 72 in case I’ve missed something!). Waiting for the video to be uploaded on the website as couldn’t work out exactly how to attach the connector to the hub as no instructions included. I sent 2 emails, one to chase delivery of the hub as it was sent later via a different courier, and one to ask about instructions/videos, both answered very promptly by Cinch
If you unzip the front pocket..there is a weather proof instruction leaflet plus a code for your phone to get them uploaded

If you unzip the front pocket..there is a weather proof instruction leaflet plus a code for your phone to get them uploaded
QR code doesn’t work, there is no video on the stated url. Mine arrived on Monday and I found videos on YouTube that explained how to put it up and take it down. There are some small design differences between my version and what is shown in the videos which are 4 years old, but nothing major. My hub appeared to be fine when I put it up, no problems found.

QR code doesn’t work, there is no video on the stated url. Mine arrived on Monday and I found videos on YouTube that explained how to put it up and take it down. There are some small design differences between my version and what is shown in the videos which are 4 years old, but nothing major. My hub appeared to be fine when I put it up, no problems found.
Did yours have the mats attached at the 4 entrances?

The hub had tie down straps and the built in mats missing and the van connector hadnt even been stitched together in one part. I have spent just shy of £900 on various bits and bobs all to match, as you can imagine I am not impressed. Out of curiosity has anyone got an actual phone number for Cinch?

View attachment 113454

View attachment 113455
Thanks for posting will check mine again. The QR code definitely doesn’t work yet but should soon apparently

Yes I found the youtube video..quite good...I like the bit when he has to lay on it ...looks like the important thing is to marry up te coloured lables to get it right...but wont be able to give it a go until get back from hols

Our Hub arrived in the nick of time last week literally hours before going to France - we’ve put it up and down 3 times now and it was very easy. Epic storm last night and it stayed dry inside so very pleased! Didn’t bring the connector on this trip as we get a lot of use out of outwell awning sides but will try it in next few weeks back at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcd1071ce701daec351d9a74289e032d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back