Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cinch! Hub...Quechua Base Alternative

JohnF

JohnF

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Good to hear they have been dispatched . Unfortunately mine still too arrive .

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Mine has gotten lost in the post, apparently Yodel are to blame, so the saga continues...you really couldn’t make it up :mute

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Mine has gotten lost in the post, apparently Yodel are to blame, so the saga continues...you really couldn’t make it up :mute
That’s a shame, hope they can sort it out for you. It will be worth it when it arrives.

Pleased with mine so far, good quality and quick to put up and take down (in the garden anyway). Will use on a trip next week

GillianC

GillianC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Oh no! I’m not surprised that Yodel lost it, they are useless. Very disappointing for you though.
Hope it gets resolved.

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Couple of pics, sorry not very good at taking photos. Really pleased with the hub, easy to put up and take down, and gives us the extra space we were hoping for and just the right height that we can get the wind out awning to meet it4C275843-CD8A-4BBA-A969-EF769004E62C.jpeg

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Couple of pics, sorry not very good at taking photos. Really pleased with the hub, easy to put up and take down, and gives us the extra space we were hoping for and just the right height that we can get the wind out awning to meet itView attachment 47496
Nice :thumb The Hub looks just as I imagined...because that’s what I’m having to do, as mine still hasn’t arrived :confused:

What is it like to pack away?

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have the Quechua version, but no groundsheet. We would Interested to know if the Cinch Hub groundsheet is sewn in or detachable, and if so is it available separately?

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Nice :thumb The Hub looks just as I imagined...because that’s what I’m having to do, as mine still hasn’t arrived :confused:

What is it like to pack away?
You do need to google it first and practice at home. We were glad we did as then did not embarrass ourselves on campsite.
Hope your arrives soon

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Camper Mouse, is the groundsheet available separately? They are out of stock / no longer available at Decathlon.

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Pleased to announce that we finally received the long awaited Cinch! Hub...so was it worth the wait? I’d say (so far) it’s a big YES!

To test her out, we took the Hub with us when we attended the VW Festival at Harewood last week. It got a good test, as the Yorkshire weather was at it’s worse...driving rain and gusty wind.

4C6857B5-E512-4808-B7DC-827958F04127.jpeg
6023F07E-E13C-435E-91F7-1CCAC85343FB.jpeg

I think it’s fair to say that I’m a bit chuffed with the Hub. It’s light, extremely easy to erect and just as easy to put down...although this caused some amusement amongst my dirty minded camping buddies when packing it away :oops:

9E970756-E045-41E1-93C4-C75FD8B76E75.jpeg

...the plan is to replace our drive away awning, as we just use that as a large storage space and this pop up is an ideal replacement.

The Hub is just about tall enough so that I can stand up inside (I’m just over 6’). Inside the tent it has fly screens on four sides and plastic hooks for lamps or the LED bulbs that came with the Hub. Each of the four doors has a small entrance mat, which is a nice feature, along with stow pockets for the doors and fly screens.

Also inside is a clip in and velcro bathtub style ground sheet. This was fantastic and really works well, keeping out the bugs and the weather.

The roof has a separate pocket for a solar panel (sold separately) and it all packs down into a circular bag for storage, with internal pockets to store the pegs and spares...some really nice touches.

E1A09884-DDCD-47E4-BBD7-4984FA7CBC3D.jpeg

As I’ve said, so far we are pleased, but we have only used it for three days camping and more field testing will ensue.

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Glad it’s finally arrived for you, sounds like you’re as pleased with yours as we are with ours.

C

Chris Greaves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
25% off at the moment on the Cinch website plus they make a donation to Charity. Won’t be using it for a while I guess but getting a good deal and part of my money going to Charity makes me feel better.

GillianC

GillianC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
25% off at the moment on the Cinch website plus they make a donation to Charity. Won’t be using it for a while I guess but getting a good deal and part of my money going to Charity makes me feel better.
I looked at the web site but couldn't see the offer. Did it come through in a separate code please?

C

Chris Greaves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The code is;

givebackpromo

it worked this afternoon, good luck

MichaelB

MichaelB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Website now says the code has been fully subscribed. Ordered one anyway as we love our decathlon one and this give the advantage of all 4 doors opening and full height so this is a bit of an upgrade