cleaning brush

• Thread starter inthemidnighthour
  • Start date
inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
you know you own a cali when you spend weeks looking at /researching what brush to buy just to clean your camper
it was getting a bit compulsive feeling the bristles - no they are definatelty too rough :crazy
anyway by chance was working at a car hire company and just happened to check out their brushes - made by vikan looked good
searched the local shops,internet , trade only !
was at the local vw commercial centre and went and chatted to bloke cleaning vans and sure enough he was using vikan brushes too
my mind was made up
spoke to service manager who offered to order me the brushes
not cheap but top quality brushes for cali use only
so to cut a long story (load of drivel) short -highly recommended vikan brushes

dave and lisa :D

T5WOB said:
your going to cover you van in scraches from the nynlon just like a car wash will do .get your self a lambs wool hand glove mitt .and look up how to do a 2 bucket wash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8vs7dEIwk

The problem is with reaching the roof Martin.

I already use two buckets, foam lance etc but I'm challenged when it comes to reaching the middle of the roof.

Stu said:
T5WOB said:
your going to cover you van in scraches from the nynlon just like a car wash will do .get your self a lambs wool hand glove mitt .and look up how to do a 2 bucket wash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8vs7dEIwk

I already use two buckets, foam lance etc but I'm challenged when it comes to reaching the middle of the roof.

I'm 5'8" and just about manage to reach the roof using a step ladder, stepping on the tyres and a bit of hanging in the style of a monkey. I do constantly think I'm going to fall off though!

Agree with wash mitt - those and MF towels are the best car cleaning inventions EVER!

KernowLad said:
Stu said:
T5WOB said:

I'm 5'8" and just about manage to reach the roof using a step ladder, stepping on the tyres and a bit of hanging in the style of a monkey. I do constantly think I'm going to fall off though!

Agree with wash mitt - those and MF towels are the best car cleaning inventions EVER!

Had to laugh at this you should have seen me hanging off the step ladder trying to remove the bird poo I acquired last weekend at Hollands wood. A real balancing act it was a wonder I never fell off :rofl :rofl

Stu said:
T5WOB said:

Big pair of steps does it for sure

I already use a decorators step up, I'd probably topple off a ladder and scratch the van!! :laugh2

Just washed mine, two bucket wash with lambs wool mitt & micro fibre towel. Steps to reach roof.
Does not look as good as Martins though, never will !! But no longer got the sahara on it !!!

T5WOB said:
just done my van all buy hand . :barmy

Nice!

Just snow foamed, washed, clayed and polished the BM (did the van not long ago) - takes a wee while doesn't it? And the vans have HUGE surfaces area to do too!

Are your cleanning mittens connected together with a bit of string through your jacket in case you loose one :lol:

dave and lisa

inthemidnighthour said:
Are your cleanning mittens connected together with a bit of string through your jacket in case you loose one :lol:

dave and lisa

:laugh2 :rofl

Confession time

have just finished cleaning the cali with a BRUSH :evil:

but now have several weeks to think about my actions travelling around europe

will have to try and sneak back into the country and hide once again

:rofl

dave and lisa

inthemidnighthour said:
Confession time

dave and lisa

:laugh2

Did you lie awake last night racked with guilt??

inthemidnighthour said:
Confession time

dave and lisa

Was it this one?

witch_broom.jpg