Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning the interior plastic floor

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Took us almost all day today to thoroughly clean the Cali after a few wet and muddy days in Cornwall.

The interior plastic floor was particularly muddy and it took 3 attempts to get it looking like new again.

Not sure what everybody else favours, but I tried a mild detergent and cloth, then tried using a brush with detergent then tried a specific car upholstery cleaner and brush but none shifted the dirt.

The only thing to bring it up clean again was our steam cleaner and that really got the dirt out of the tiny pits and pockets in the plastic material :thumb

I also use a handheld steam cleaner great for inground dirt :thumb :thumb

I find a scrubbing brush with detergent does the trick.

toothbrush and soap! and then cover with a carpet. Clean carpet with small stiff brush and then wipe down with foam cleaner and a damp cloth.

We use G101 for the rear floor, and for the carpet, we have 1 piece megavan mat carpet mats there.

HTH

Try Cif spray in the turquoise bottle and then an upholstery brush from Halfords. They sold me an expensive bottle of stuff from Autoglym but the Cif was the only thing that did the business.

I've recently been using the autoglym interior cleaner and that's worked really well on both the carpets and the grey plastic

We keep a couple of cheap mats, the type you stand on when you get out of the shower, handy. If our boots are muddy we just stand on these, afterwards they can be thrown in the washing machine (the mats, not the boots :D

I use a handheld steamer gets the muck out of the cracks

Nail brush and fairy...

Fairy liquid or one from the bottom of the garden?

Back