Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Climabox stopped working - help please...

D

dvjones

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
I've had my beach for a year now and the Climabox has been working fine off leisure battery and hook up with a converter - I'm in France now and it has just stopped working on both - it occasionally comes on for a few minutes then cuts out again. Has anyone had similar problems? Just wondering if there is a quick fix or if I need to go and buy another cheap fridge while I'm away!? Thanks in advance.

Are you still in warranty? A local VW garage may be able to check it for you.

I think the connector has a fuse but if its occasionally starting up that suggests its fine.

I believe the Climacool is based upon a tropicool 35? I could be wrong but the manual may offer some insight? It could be the motor that has an issue.

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/downloads/waeco-tropicool-electric-coolbox.pdf

Thanks. Nothing flashing on the control panel.
I have 2 converters - tried them both so definitely not a fuse problem.
Unfortunately there isn't a VW dealership nearby, but will track one down if I can't solve the problem myself.

I wouldn't go much out my way to find a Vw dealership as they won't have clue about a Climabox apart from ordering you a new one.

What is the ambient temperature or at least temperature where the toolbox is?

It may not be capable of working if the ambient temperature is too high. The info MattBw posted seems to indicate 30c as a maximum ambient temperature.

Wish it was above 30c! It worked well last year in temps above that - it's only about 20c at the moment.

Thanks everyone for your help - looks like I'll need to buy a cheap cool box and sort it out when I get home.

I believe the manual is referring to a max of 30c under ambient, so even if it was 40c in the van it should be able to get it down to 10c in theory.

Back