Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HEATER STOPPED WORKING

buster

buster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My heater has stopped working but it is causing other problems the control panel goes dim and the interior lights go out momentarily
the leisure battery under the seat was changed prior to me buying the van in december do you think its the other battery that needs changing now?

There should be two leisure batteries, one under the seat and one in the rear cupboards. I have read somewhere that both should be changed at the same time and I suspect that could be your problem? It sounds as if you have insufficient leisure power.

Tom

There should be two leisure batteries, one under the seat and one in the rear cupboards. I have read somewhere that both should be changed at the same time and I suspect that could be your problem? It sounds as if you have insufficient leisure power.

Tom
And/or a blown fuse on one of the batteries.

My heater has stopped working but it is causing other problems the control panel goes dim and the interior lights go out momentarily
the leisure battery under the seat was changed prior to me buying the van in december do you think its the other battery that needs changing now?
Some information about the vehicle might help.
What voltage is showing on the Control Panel?

Says T5 SE 180 4Motion on the profile.
Yes, but not the age - Could be the earthing problem especially as the OP mentions the internal lights dimming.

Back