Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Climate Change.....our children and their children.

Therefore advocating people to have less children in Europe where children can be afforded better than Africa or other poor countries, where the education they can receive is far superior in Europe, a lot has been done here to reduce the environmental impact of our life style and industries, must be somehow a bit incorrect, im my opinion.
It' people who can't afford children that should stop reproducing...
Immigration will not balance the problem.
Women in Africa have more babies because 1) they don't have/can't afford contraception 2) they have many babies as the mortality rate is high
If we could start culling all of the pointless c***s that would help enormously.
Harsh lol

The future isn’t looking great and I do wonder what is in store for my grandchildren!!

What’s certain is that planet Earth will survive and evolve long after humans have gone and there will be little left to evidence that we were ever here.
‘The World Without Us’ is an interesting read.

CDB9B201-8F2D-409A-9BC7-F912CF6573E3.png

The future isn’t looking great and I do wonder what is in store for my grandchildren!!

What’s certain is that planet Earth will survive and evolve long after humans have gone and there will be little left to evidence that we were ever here.
‘The World Without Us’ is an interesting read.

View attachment 82457
Thanks for recommending this before GG. I have bought it and still not read it. Even took it on holiday with me... I wish I had more time to read

The clock is tocking that’s for sure
The melting Permafrost in Siberia, releasing huge volumes of Methane is in the news again today.

The humanity is so strange. The world have gone upside down for a virus that mainly kills the already ill and the elderly above 85. But this chronic issue where large parts of the world will be Unhinhabitable and billions will die from heat, no water, no food etc almost no reaction.
People buying Teslas instead of MB and BMW's dont count as a solution.

World population reduction has to be the final answer. If Governments don't take this on board then a time will come when nature does it for humanity - plague/disease, famine, war(ok not nature this one) - something will give sooner or later.

World population reduction has to be the final answer. If Governments don't take this on board then a time will come when nature does it for humanity - plague/disease, famine, war(ok not nature this one) - something will give sooner or later.
I think it has already started.
Nature has a way of correcting the balance.
At the moment all we are doing is trying to mitigate the effects of man's quest for more "stuff" and a rising population.

I think it has already started.
Nature has a way of correcting the balance.
At the moment all we are doing is trying to mitigate the effects of man's quest for more "stuff" and a rising population.
Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Not sure population reduction has actually started but happy to be wrong.

Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Not sure population reduction has actually started but happy to be wrong.

In some rich countries, notably Italy and Japan, population is declining. Some communist or former communist and nominally democratic nations such as Russia and Ukraine population is in decline (even accounting for the theft of the Crimean population by one from the other). Due to a future demographic nightmare, China has abandoned its one child policy, first for a two child policy and now up to three child policy.

Even in sub Saharan Africa, traditionally with the highest fertility rate, the fertility rate is in decline, though at 4.7 (2015-2020) still well above replacement of ~2.1.

So with rich countries leading the way in population decline, it seems that uniquely in the animal kingdom, the better fed humans become, the fewer children they have.

Last edited:
In some rich countries, notably Italy and Japan, population is declining. Some communist or former communist and nominally democratic nations such as Russia and Ukraine population is in decline. Due to a future demographic nightmare, China has abandoned its one child policy, first for a two child policy and now up to three child policy.

Even in sub Saharan Africa, traditionally with the highest fertility rate, the fertility rate is in decline, though at 4.7 (2015-2020) still well above replacement of ~2.1.

So with rich countries leading the way in population decline, it seems that uniquely in the animal kingdom, the better fed humans become, the fewer children they have.
So there is some population decline in some countries. However, the projection is that world population will increase by about 1.5 billion between now and 2100. I will be long gone but I do worry how humanity will cope - the planet will survive but what will life be like?

So there is some population decline in some countries. However, the projection is that world population will increase by about 1.5 billion between now and 2100. I will be long gone but I do worry how humanity will cope - the planet will survive but what will life be like?

Countries with declining or stable populations will become fatter while those with increasing populations will become slimmer. Africa will become ever more desperate.

Note that over the previous decade, Germany escaped population decline by accepting 1,000,000 migrants mostly from outside Europe. The way forward? (I’m going to get some popcorn.)

Richer countries are already in massive population decline as women put off child birth to latter years and are having less babies.
The strains of modern life, travel, career, building wealth and personal ambition are causing this effect.
Western world populations are at about 1% and dropping. You need 2.2 to sustain a population.

Sounds great, but there’s a poo po storm to come with declining populations.
Such as who is gonna look after an ageing population and fund it…?
Plus, world economies are built on making more and more goods.

On the weekend I politely asked a guy if he wouldn’t mind turning his engine off as he’d been sat with it idling for at least 5 minutes (in blazing sunshine) as it wasn’t good for the environment. He got aggressive and I reluctantly walked away as I didn’t want to create a scene outside the restaurant. With attitudes such as this we, as a human race, are going to struggle.

Back