Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Climate control no heat in front

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Sorry if this has already been posted, I can’t find anything on it but could be wrong. Got a 2018 ocean with climate control and heating working perfectly last night but no heat at all in the front today. Rear has heat and night heater still working. Seems really odd, anyone else had this. Thanks

theres avideo on u tube how gto reset the heTER flaps. try that

Try this …

Worth a battery disconnect for a few minutes. But sounds like a broken control flap or sensor could be the issue. Some issues involve part strip out of the dash. Any strange bits of plastic noted on the cab floor? Is the coolant reservoir full?

Worth a battery disconnect for a few minutes. But sounds like a broken control flap or sensor could be the issue. Some issues involve part strip out of the dash. Any strange bits of plastic noted on the cab floor? Is the coolant reservoir full?
Thanks I’ll take a look in the morning. Just had a service about 4 weeks ago at vw. So coolant level worth a check

Hi, disconnected battery and ran through reset again but no heat to the front drivers side passenger side has heat. Looks like a trip into the dealership.

Hi, disconnected battery and ran through reset again but no heat to the front drivers side passenger side has heat. Looks like a trip into the dealership.
Hi @AndrewBye
If the flap reset procedure didn’t fix it, then potentially one of the actuator arms has failed. Happened on my van a few months ago and the master technician at Citygate told me that they had seen quite a few instances. I believe that they can normally fix this without removing the dashboard but in my case there were two failures and the entire assembly was replaced which was a dashboard out job.

This was one of the broken actuators. Second photos is a view up inside the dash from drivers side footwell. Have a look to see if there’s anything obvious.

F0D2FCC1-046B-49A2-8A76-4305FDB6171A.jpeg

0B949922-D8F3-4E06-AFEA-156CB4D8287E.jpeg