Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club shop items now on Amazon France. More to come?

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
Hopefully this is the beginning of a new initiative.

Amazon.fr now sells some items from the club shop (aka Campervanbits) at prices that bypass the exorbitant shipping costs for delivery to Europe. For example, the Pop Top Bellows Bungee on Amazon.fr costs 17,57€ (incl. shipping for Prime members), while in the club shop you'd have to pay over 38€ (£8.99 + £24.99 shipping). The Sparesafe in also available on Amazon.fr.

I don't know if other Amazon sites in Europe feature these articles but it would be great if the club shop used Amazon in Europe for more items!

Thanks for the good news.
I've tended to buy from other sources and not the club shop due to the exorbitant shipping costs.
I've just checked on Amazon and found the "Bellow Bungies" and the "Spare wheel anti-theft" available (already bought both elsewhere), but hope they will make more available in time.

I've tended to buy from other sources and not the club shop due to the exorbitant shipping costs.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. The club shop could sell so much more if they didn't over-charge European customers. (And we're both VIP members as well!)

Couldn't agree more, lots of potential out there, not only Calis but other VW based campervans
We can only live in hope.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new initiative.

Amazon.fr now sells some items from the club shop (aka Campervanbits) at prices that bypass the exorbitant shipping costs for delivery to Europe. For example, the Pop Top Bellows Bungee on Amazon.fr costs 17,57€ (incl. shipping for Prime members), while in the club shop you'd have to pay over 38€ (£8.99 + £24.99 shipping). The Sparesafe in also available on Amazon.fr.

I don't know if other Amazon sites in Europe feature these articles but it would be great if the club shop used Amazon in Europe for more items!
That's great news for the shop. Well done guys.

Good news indeed but I've no idea how going through a 3rd party and adding their high fees is a better idea than just reducing the non domestic shipping charges and selling direct.

Good news indeed but I've no idea how going through a 3rd party and adding their high fees is a better idea than just reducing the non domestic shipping charges and selling direct.
Well, that's the problem. Until not long ago the club shop charged 19.99 for international shipping; now they've upped it to 24.99. It looks like they'd rather not sell abroad. I really don't understand that business model.

Had a quick look on other Amazon sites (Germany, Spain, Italy) and noticed that they also have the club shop Sparesafe, for around 65 euros, with free delivery for Prime members. The club shop charges around 80 euros for continental delivery. No sign (yet) of other CampervanBits items...

Talking about postage costs, we had our Vango Varkala II 420 awning returned to us from the UK by UPS (warranty problem, postage would have been free if we lived in UK).
It weighed 20kg and UPS charged us £36 (40€), I would expect a reasonable reduction to this price if you had a business rate/contract.
We would love to buy from the Cali Shop, but not at present shipping charges.
Go on you know it maked sense!

Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

We are trying to get delivery costs down to overseas but the problem is our cost prices have increased from carriers over the past year. At present we send over 50 orders per week to outside of the UK many go to mainland Europe but we have also seen an increase in orders to places like Taiwan and China. Overseas shipping is very complex as prices fluctuate so we need to try and cover all eventualities.

The majority of orders we send are for large and heavy items so the flat delivery rate is to cover all of these orders. We hope to implement weight based shipping over the winter but in the mean time if anyone wants small items please email Ruth or Shayne in the office l and ask for a separate quote, they will happily do this . Info@campervanbits.com

We do not make any profit on shipping

In regards to Amazon, this is work in progress and we are currently trialing sending smaller products to Amazon fulfillment centres around Europe so watch this space.

As always please email or phone us if you have seen anything cheaper and we will always do our best to beat or match the delivered price.

Last edited:
What I wrote in '18:

Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

We are trying to get delivery costs down to overseas but the problem is our cost prices have increased from carriers over the past year. At present we send over 50 orders per week to outside of the UK many go to mainland Europe but we have also seen an increase in orders to places like Taiwan and China. Overseas shipping is very complex as prices fluctuate so we need to try and cover all eventualities.

The majority of orders we send are for large and heavy items so the flat delivery rate is to cover all of these orders. We hope to implement weight based shipping over the winter but in the mean time if anyone wants small items please email Ruth or Shayne in the office l and ask for a separate quote, they will happily do this . Info@campervanbits.com

We do not make any profit on shipping

In regards to Amazon, this is work in progress and we are currently trialing sending smaller products to Amazon fulfillment centres around Europeso watch this space.

As always please email or phone us if you have seen anything cheaper and we will always do our best to beat or match the delivered price.

Thank you very much for the info and the explanation.
Hopefully you can get something sorted out with Amazon.

Back