Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What if we would not need a 'ship' to ship?

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
First I want to express the great value I give to this forum, from a lot of different aspects; the social part, the informative part, the software of it,... And I will keep supporting it with my VIP membership for this reason.
But concerning the Shop I also must admit I often try to buy some things here, which then at the end I just get from Holland or Germany, simply because of the much cheaper or even free shipping, delivered some hours later. For example, a Ridgemonkey costs me at the forum 32€, plus 22€ shipping cost. Here on the continent it costs 45€, with free shipping.
What if we would not need a 'ship' to ship?
Would it be unthinkable that the Club could install a little 'overseas' department, especially in the light of the lurking hard *.exit? Knowing that a lot of Shop products come from this side of the Channel. Or is the scale of your continental sales too small to make the effort? Or could it be that this scale simply is depending on these shipping/tax charges?...
Also, we already saw cases in recent times where German manufacturers refused to cross the Channel for their sales. A hub could then be helpful, no? Etc.
I realize this whole *.exit thing is a delicate emotional discussion point, which I want to avoid here in this post. Just talking pure rationality here. How do you forum-masterminds look toward this accountancy/trading issue?

"The VW California Club is the worlds largest resource for all owners and enthusiasts of VW California campervans", as written at the homepage.
Let's also make it the most influential one, as a strong Consumers Club, weighing on discounts and VW responsibility issues!

(Note: how funny that the *.exit word got censored in the tags here...)

(edit: the mentioned Ridgemonkey price is for a standard member)

Last edited:
the shop is clearly not a charity shop or a not for profit organisation it is a business so I guess both prices and postage reflect the business plan of the shop.

the shop is clearly not a charity shop or a not for profit organisation it is a business so I guess both prices and postage reflect the business plan of the shop.

That's exactly my point, I propose to extend their business model, to enforce by coming overseas with an administrative branch. That should not imply too many investments or hustle imo.
It's just a thought, based on what I hear other companies are doing in preparation of this Br exit.
But I could be wrong in imagining the scale of the current overseas transactions here.

Last edited:
Back