david white

david white

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Some more new items arriving this week.

We now have a great wheel clamp designed for campervans ( and motorhomes) Comes with a 5 year warranty and is insurance approved.

Supplied in a nice carry case and weighs less than 5kg

campervan-wheel-clamp1-400x293.jpg

Order Online http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/atlas-auto-campervanmotorhome-wheel-clamp - 5% Discount for VIP Members!

It would be 100% perfect if it had an opening for the sliding door(s)
On the other hand i do have siscors....

I bought the starter kit last week and never received the discount

I bought the starter kit last week and never received the discount
Why didn't you get your discount. Did you not put the discount code
In at the checkout??

You must enter the unique VIP code to get your discount, it is not automatic. The code can be found in the VIP lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure we're that is. It's quite annoying it is still asking me to become a vip member at the top right hand corner when I am already one !

Hi David,
Is the cover water proof? Only I ask as I recently bought an expensive cover to protect the brass and leather on a veteran car whilst at rallies only to find that it wasn't. Whilst being waterproof isn't an issue here, I am interested in knowing as I may have another use for one of these.
I have never used one of these on a modern car so am slightly concerned that the cover will nag away at the Cali paintwork as the wind plays with it. Have you any experience of this?
I recently had to have the roof resprayed on my wife's car after a bird dropped an egg on it, (if this happens to you, wash it off immediately as it will destroy the paint and lacquer almost straight away. Egg is much much worse than bird lime. So because of this issue and because our Cali will be purely used for leisure, i would be interested in at least one of these.
Best wishes
Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul. I believe the cover has a kind of fleecy lining. Here is the info gleaned of the manufacturers website.

• Suitable for a range of camper vans, including VW T5, T4, T3/T25 with most roof options, including;
  • - pop-top and high-top
  • - short or long wheel-base
  • - rear cycle carrier
  • - side mounted awning blind
  • Dimensions L 199" x W 79" x H 68"
  • Heavy duty 4-ply non-woven polypropylene fabric is UV stable, breathable and highly water-resistant, giving excellent protection from the elements
  • Comes with elasticated hem for a tailored fit
  • Nylon straps secure the cover firmly in place. 3 straps at the back of the cover.
  • Zip openings for driver & passengprovided
  • make fitting easy
  • Handy storage bag is ideal for when cover is not in use
  • Fitting and care instructions provided
I hope this helps answering your question
David

Hi Paul. I believe the cover has a kind of fleecy lining. Here is the info gleaned of the manufacturers website.

• Suitable for a range of camper vans, including VW T5, T4, T3/T25 with most roof options, including;
  • - pop-top and high-top
  • - short or long wheel-base
  • - rear cycle carrier
  • - side mounted awning blind
  • Dimensions L 199" x W 79" x H 68"
  • Heavy duty 4-ply non-woven polypropylene fabric is UV stable, breathable and highly water-resistant, giving excellent protection from the elements
  • Comes with elasticated hem for a tailored fit
  • Nylon straps secure the cover firmly in place. 3 straps at the back of the cover.
  • Zip openings for driver & passengprovided
  • make fitting easy
  • Handy storage bag is ideal for when cover is not in use
  • Fitting and care instructions provided
I hope this helps answering your question
David
Thanks David,
It sounds great. I will add it to my shopping list.
As our, yet to be collected Cali, is black (ex demo so not our first choice), one of these might help to keep it clean between outings, after having been washed and polished.
Thanks for your prompt reply,
Best wishes
Paul

I see why it has no Zip opening for the side door now, as it is basically made for the T5 conversions rather than the California specifically, but at least you can get into the vehicle without having to take the cover off each time.
Useful for some - just not for me.

We bought one of these at the NEC, it does have a smooth lining and comes in a nice carry bag, seems very well made and much cheaper than the pro-tec one. Ideal for occasional use. It would be good if you could get in via the side door but not then end of the world

We bought one of these at the NEC, it does have a smooth lining and comes in a nice carry bag, seems very well made and much cheaper than the pro-tec one. Ideal for occasional use. It would be good if you could get in via the side door but not then end of the world
Hi Andyclockwise,
Has it marked your paintwork? I have seen some vehicles in the past that have been left out with this type of cover in the wind etc and the paint has shown some minor signs of abrasion.
Best wishes
Paul

Hi Paul,

I have not left it on the van long term yet, only just to check it fitted ( as I wanted to use it with the bike rack still on) There are loads of straps on it so you can get a nice tight fit so I would of thought any wind the movement will be minimal. I will report back again later in the year when it has been on for a longer period of time.

Hi Paul,

I have not left it on the van long term yet, only just to check it fitted ( as I wanted to use it with the bike rack still on) There are loads of straps on it so you can get a nice tight fit so I would of thought any wind the movement will be minimal. I will report back again later in the year when it has been on for a longer period of time.
Thanks Andy