Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coastal Campsites

• Thread starter Ash and Andrea P
  • Start date
Nant Bychan farm near Moelfre on Anglesey is pretty good - very basic facilities (showers in the pigshed type thing). Pitches by the cliff are amazing but pretty wild when the wind blows.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 105603.jpg

Sands Caravan and Camp site (Gairloch)
Sandyhills Holiday park (Dumfries and Galloway)
Killegruer Caravan site (Kintyre)
All lovely coastal sites.
I was amongst the dunes at Big Sands / Gairloch last week - fresh!

IMG_1757.jpeg

IMG_1776.jpeg

Morte Point in North Devon. Incredible views adjacent to the coastal path. I was there in late June last year and had a pitch in the field without a hook up - practically had the place to myself. Good clean facilities too.

The photo is the view from my van.
IMG_6605.jpeg

wow that looks amazing. Was there a toilet? :Nailbiting
Yes. They have very decent facilities. Heated, clean building and possibility to charge your phones, etc. We were pitched on the outskirts so the walk to thw toilets was probably a minute or two but you could pitch up closer to the facilities.

Hi Ash & Andrea,

I'm not from the UK, so I do not have many suggestions, but find below a photo of one of the spots we enjoyed most during our UK trip. It's Fidden Farm on the isle of Mull.

WhatsApp-Image-2024-01-25-at-14.39.26-1.jpeg

Hi,
Having had our new California Ocean since November we have a never ending vision of finding the perfect coastal campsite. We travelled to Glenbrittle in Skye a few years ago (in our previous VW Transporter conversion), managed to survive the chaos and grabbed a space closest to the beach. It was amazing and looking for similar sites (maybe not so chaotic though) in the UK. All we ask is a clean toilet and shower from a campsite. Have any of you found great places you would recommend (preferably with photo)? Sorry if previous similar posts - could not find one.
Ash and Andrea
Trawsdir Caravan site just outside Barmouth. Elevated position looking out to Cardigan Bay. Very nice facilities and a few minutes walk to Norbar Seafood restaurant which has a very good takeaway. You can walk down to the beach or drive and park in their sister site that is next to the beach.