Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coathooks and towel rails

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've been looking at the Brandrup catalogue and in particular http://vwcampervan-accessories.co.u...-california-t4-coat-hooks-and-towel-rail-set1

There doesn't seem to be a lot of product for the £16 plus delivery cost of the item. Does anyone have it? Could I do a similar job with a couple of odds and ends from my garage?

Same enquiry for the coat hooks (sorry I couldn't see a link).

I don't really like the idea of screwing-in to the vehicle leaving a permanent hole that will still be there after the item has failed. I also don't know if there is any wiring behind there. So, I was thinking about the suction cup type hooks or self-adhesive plastic hooks that you see in Poundland. You just know that they are going to fall off at the most inconvenient time though don't you.

Anyway, your views on coathooks and towel rails?

(Sorry, if this seems a somewhat trivial post, but while I'm "in the waiting room" for my vehicle to arrive this is the sort of stuff that is currently occupying my tiny mind. I found myself sitting on a porta-potti in the middle of the Go supermarket the other day - a surreal feeling).

I think hooks and rails are perfect subjects when "hanging" around ...

Sorry :(

Seriously, I found the shelf and hooks from what used to be sold in the forum shop to be best. I really am against the idea of perforating the fabric of the vehicle. I can manage that with great success accidentally without the need to make deliberate efforts.

I also find a bungee strap, or if a lot of washing two bungee straps, attached to the passenger door grab handle and one of the headrest stems to be a perfect overnight washing line. If it doesn't dry overnight then don't take it.

I got the brandrup one , as you say , not much a thing but i find in handy and it looks good.takes two minutes to fit ...
It is a lot of money for what it is but , everyone spends it on what they find worth the money....

I was wondering the same, Acer; I do think there is a lack of hooks in the Cali and would like a couple more for stringing my fairy lights too :sorry The postage, in particular, seems way over the top for such a small item so I also wondered if some sort of stick-on hook would do the job.

I found the shelf and hooks from what used to be sold in the forum shop to be best.
I remember seeing these before I took the plunge, Jen. I'm sure there used to be lots more bits and pieces in the forum shop. Does anyone know if they are still available anywhere else - or any chance of getting them back in stock for us newbies please, admin? :embarrased

Maud

I have the brandrup one as you say you could make one, it is only a bit of curtain wire with an eye on each ene that had 2 small self tapping screws. I hane tried several self adhesive hooks, but found they do not stick for long on the plastic material the inside the van is made of

Also ask what SMG would charge to post as they can get them

I was wondering the same, Acer; I do think there is a lack of hooks in the Cali and would like a couple more for stringing my fairy lights too :sorry The postage, in particular, seems way over the top for such a small item so I also wondered if some sort of stick-on hook would do the job.

I remember seeing these before I took the plunge, Jen. I'm sure there used to be lots more bits and pieces in the forum shop. Does anyone know if they are still available anywhere else - or any chance of getting them back in stock for us newbies please, admin? :embarrased

Maud
Do your fairy lights plug in to the cigarette lighter 12v thingy? I've bought some to hang around the awning. They are solar powered. It is only now that I'm thinking there must be a plug in job.

Maud
Is this what you mean Maud
http://calitop.eu/index.phpbb?language=c5_Regale-Regale-tml&h42122sphql437&cPath=

we have the brandrup towel rail above the kitchen area and like it and find it useful..for coats I bought some cheap S hooks and hang them on those 2 handles above the drivers door and passenger door..i find i can hang multitude of different things on them there and they;re nice and out of the way of the main living area..

Excellent keemjay - just love those cheap and effective solutions!

Ooh! Love the look of this! And like the table extension too!

I have shelf plus hooks and it is an excellent accessory.

A couple of very minor comments: It gets in the way when you are washing up at the sink, - no big deal.

Make sure anything left on it is taken off before lowering the roof :oops:

make sure that you do not leave anything that melts or catches fire over an exposed lit hob :oops::oops::eek:

Another minor comment - mind you don't bang your head on the shelf edge - it's quite sharp and has brought blood to my forehead a couple of times. You can buy edging strip from Halfords to deal with that issue - another member kindly told me. I haven't got round to that yet.

Another minor comment - mind you don't bang your head on the shelf edge - it's quite sharp and has brought blood to my forehead a couple of times. You can buy edging strip from Halfords to deal with that issue - another member kindly told me. I haven't got round to that yet.
Do you have the shelf over the fridge / hob? (It seems they do a shelf for the sliding door side of the van too.)

I have made 2 rails with 6 hooks like the ones we used to sell in the shop £15 if anybody interested
picture to follow

IMG_20150225_121410437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150225_121351293_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150225_121341656_HDR.jpg

I have made 2 rails with 6 hooks like the ones we used to sell in the shop £15 if anybody interested
picture to follow

I would be interested Kev, can i see a photo please.
Cheers.

Super, i would like one please. Can you pm me regarding ordering. Thanks

Back