Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cobb rotiserrie

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ordered Wednesday, arrived today. Not as robust as I thought it would be, but for the intro price of £67 is alright. Wouldn’t have bought it for £99.

Cobb followed there typical marketing strategy. Introduced it well in advance, only made it available through some of their global franchises, hyped it up, created demand. Then when a region launches it there’s never enough to meet “unprecedented demand”, thus creating even more demand and a climate of “haves” and “have nots” where the “nots“ will do anything to get one.

So, got my order in quick and now it’s just waiting for a chicken or lamb leg or something similar for dinner tomorrow.

This pic is Cobb’s, not mine (until tomorrow, maybe).B9151FE0-7EE8-497B-8492-6D804A10598A.jpeg

Any good?
I wasn’t impressed with it on first sight as it seemed not as robust as I’d expected. But it does a good job for what it is. The only thing that annoys me is that about every 30 mins it needs the spindle pushing back into where it connects with the motor as it slowly works it’s way out. Haven’t left it to see if it would come out all the way or what would happen.

I wondered how long the one D battery would last, but so far a Duracell Ultra has done about 10 hrs and still okay.

So far have done a couple of chickens and 3 pork joints (2 shoulders and a loin). I’ve wet brined the pork joints overnight and they’ve turned out really flavoursome and juicy. The chickens had lemon wedges, garlic and thyme shoved in the cavity, again came out great.

It’s really easy to clean too.

Haven’t taken any pics yet of it actually working, must do next time.

Back