Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour codes "technoblau" - different versions...

Jonas R.

Jonas R.

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi folks!

Vw Cali Exclusive -01

I have problems with clear lacquer lossing on my hitop, and my hood. Im now looking around for spray cans with the right colour code.. Sounds like an easy task - but...

I found my color code in the servicebook LW5Y. When i google it, it seems to refer to "technoblau", so far so good. But it seems to be different versions of technoblau, all with the same color code... I need to figurer out of mine is "metallic" or "pearl".

And, of someone knows a place to order spray cans - let me know:)

Normally the paint code is mentioned on a label at the underside of the fuse box. I don't recall "diamond" being an option, only metallic (hence the clear topspray). For best result you can ask the local paintshop to use a spectometer for rating the colour on your CE.

Normally the paint code is mentioned on a label at the underside of the fuse box. I don't recall "diamond" being an option, only metallic (hence the clear topspray). For best result you can ask the local paintshop to use a spectometer for rating the colour on your CE.
Hi!

I found the code in the workshop manual!

I already tried to visit the local paintshop, the were not very helpful :/

Anyone who knows something about the "pearl" or "metallic" versions. Same thing bit different name maybe?

IMG_20220509_214432.jpg

Hi!

I found the code in the workshop manual!

I already tried to visit the local paintshop, the were not very helpful :/

Anyone who knows something about the "pearl" or "metallic" versions. Same thing bit different name maybe?

View attachment 92910
Is it the paint or the clear lacquer that's the problem?

If both have started failing using spray cans to touch up is going to be a never ending task and very difficult to get a good, acceptable finish.
The best way would be to rub it all down and have a proper respray either back to original or a contrasting colour.

This is what it looks like!

Input?

View attachment 93827
I’m no expert but I very much doubt if you would get a good, acceptable, finish without a lot of work and maybe not even them.
Personally, I would get a body shop that will prepare and respray GRP/fibreglass either in a matching or contrasting colour, especially if you are planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time.

Back