Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clearing Fault Codes

W

WestieBrian11

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi - My first post as I'm new to this.

I recently got myself a 2006 LHD California Comfort SE after owning a T4 Westfalia. I just love these but think my post a bit tricky because i'm normally pretty handy and don't reach out for help. I've had fridge problems and replaced the Danfoss start-up unit with one of the cheaper Turkish made options for £118. The fridge worked again but with issues. It sometimes throws fault code 3001 - I'm not sure if this is because the new fridge controller has a fault or any wider issue with the electrics?
My problem is I cannot clear the fault code from the VW controller. The only way I can clear fault codes is by disconnecting both leisure batteries for a moment to reset the VW controller? Please help - Many Thanks

IMG_7928.JPG

IMG_7929.JPG

When it says “Press Esc 5s” it wants you to hold down the bottom right button for 5 seconds. What happens if you do that?

Many Thanks - I tried again but when pressing the bottom right button it immediately goes back to 'Home Screen' - If I press any button for any length of time it immediately goes back to the 'Home Screen' without any change or clearing of fault code? I think I have a controller problem which might be just out of date from visiting a VW dealership over the years? It shows software Ver 07.00. So not sure if this might be my problem? Thanks

Many Thanks - I tried again but when pressing the bottom right button it immediately goes back to 'Home Screen' - If I press any button for any length of time it immediately goes back to the 'Home Screen' without any change or clearing of fault code? I think I have a controller problem which might be just out of date from visiting a VW dealership over the years? It shows software Ver 07.00. So not sure if this might be my problem? Thanks
The software cannot be updated on those Control Panels unfortunately.
More likely to be the fridge controller you fitted. Although it might work on the fridge it may be not fully compatible with the VW software on the Control Panel.

Thanks WelshGas - I'll order the Secop/Danfoss unit from Penguin and swap out. I'll update the post when done so nobody else makes this mistake

Thankyou both for the help - Secop unit now fitted and the fridge is working as it should. It was the wrong unit for a VW dispite it being correct for the BD35F as you say. I still needed to disconnect both AGM batteries to clear that code but the new unit doesn't throw any fault codes. Cold beer again

Back