Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort Insurance- renewal quote

Open_road!

Open_road!

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
In renewing my insurance this week I came across a bit of the policy with comfort I thought i should share...
Despite a pickle of an experience when I put a claim in this year Comfort came in at renewal with a really fair value - and in appreciating that my experience was claimed to be a one off; phoned them to renew. But on reading out the small print over the phone they highlighted that if I was going to leave the vehicle unattended; not at my own property for more than 2 nights I had to give them 7 days notice... I have never heard of this on this policy before!
This won’t work for me as having a boat if there’s a whiff of warm weather I’ll be either heading off in the Cali or driving it to the marina; and leaving it; for as long as I can get away with! I explained this and the lovely lady on the phone went away and made an exception in this case to extend the limit to 3 days; only for the postcode of the marina; and still on one weeks notice.
It’s not flexible enough for my lifestyle and so approached our direct line and have put it on our multi car policy for £50. Less. I’ve yet to scrutinise the small print for this policy- husband set it up; the purpose of the post is to highlight this restriction by Comfort - is it a new thing this year? They are clearly aware that it’s a Cali t5 not a ‘motor home’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In renewing my insurance this week I came across a bit of the policy with comfort I thought i should share...
Despite a pickle of an experience when I put a claim in this year Comfort came in at renewal with a really fair value - and in appreciating that my experience was claimed to be a one off; phoned them to renew. But on reading out the small print over the phone they highlighted that if I was going to leave the vehicle unattended; not at my own property for more than 2 nights I had to give them 7 days notice... I have never heard of this on this policy before!
This won’t work for me as having a boat if there’s a whiff of warm weather I’ll be either heading off in the Cali or driving it to the marina; and leaving it; for as long as I can get away with! I explained this and the lovely lady on the phone went away and made an exception in this case to extend the limit to 3 days; only for the postcode of the marina; and still on one weeks notice.
It’s not flexible enough for my lifestyle and so approached our direct line and have put it on our multi car policy for £50. Less. I’ve yet to scrutinise the small print for this policy- husband set it up; the purpose of the post is to highlight this restriction by Comfort - is it a new thing this year? They are clearly aware that it’s a Cali t5 not a ‘motor home’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always been a condition of Comfort Insurance.

Back