Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz awning room in winter

C

Calisand

Guest User
Hi, we have a Comfortz awning room that we tend to use for stays of 2 nights or more but only if we think the weather will not be too extreme (heavy rain or very windy). I’m nervous that the wind out awning material could be damaged by heavy rain or wind - the comfortz side/front panels seem very robust so I’m not concerned about these.

We are very keen to extend our camping season this year into the winter months (we usually only stay a couple of nights away over winter without an awning) and wonder if anyone has any experience of the awning room during poor weather?

The alternative I’m considering is buying a small airbeam awning like a Vango Siesta to use during the winter months instead.

Any views/experience of either of these options would be appreciated.

I used Comfortz in good weather or short trips and Vango Kela in bad weather or longer trips.

We use the extortionately expensive Thule awning room. With a wheel curtain and under van side curtain it is draft proof and can be heated by the parking heater by leaving the sliding door open.

We also have a Vango Hexaway. On hookup it can be heated with an electric fan heater.

Can’t really give you the advice you seek but was very interested in the thread as we currently have a Vango Palm (air beam) and we’re thinking of the Comfortz panel room as an alternative option.

Back