Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Leisure Thermal Screen - photos & first impressions

Any experience with the topper interfering with the VW wind deflectors? Just about to order & fit some & the topper is on the shopping list after that.
I was about to ask the very same question. Having just bought a pair of deflectors!
If you are buying the VW stick on type, be aware, the minimum temperature for fitting them is 20 degrees! So mine won't be going on for a while

No the topper and the windscreen cover fit fine with the VW and dubflector wind deflectors - we've tried them on both. :thumb

Does it fit the T6?

Believe it or not - I have just been discussing this, this morning! Manufacturing a Cali-Topper out of the same silver reflective material as the windscreen cover. Our thoughts were this would not have the insulation in as the windscreen cover does and would be used in a hotter climate to reflect the heat away, whilst protecting from rain and showers. I'd expect this fabric to fold down even smaller than our compact Cali-Topper does too as its slightly thinner than the normal 500 denier that we use.

Hi Nick
Did you ever make up a matching topper to go with your reflective front screen cover. Was about to order the screen cover and a topper, but would fancy them in the matching material.
Cheers
Craig

I would be very interested in a heat reflecting topper too - my van is Black (or will be when I collect it in two weeks!) so something to keep the roof cool would be very desirable, particularly with the heat wave we're having right now! Off to France mid August but I presume that's way too short a deadline to get it made?
If it can't be done then does anyone know of any alternatives that are already in existence from other suppliers? I'd prefer a Comfortz one but if it's not an option then something else will do!

Thanks,

Jez

image.jpg
Hi
Nick was able to supply me with a reflective thermal topper as a bit of a trial. We used it this weekend gone in proper heat for the first time and can report that it worked very well. Kept the Cali nice and cool. Also, blocks out most of the light so keeps the cabin nice and dark to help with sleep. Highly recommended!

That looks great, I'd definitely be interested in one of those! I wonder if having Windows / vents is an option? I'd also love to be able to put it on whilst the roof rack is on for when I'm surfing - I don't want to take my rack, boards and kayak off each time I park up, however I don't want the roof exposed in the way the standard roof rack compatible version does. I wonder if a version could be made that has to go across the roof in between the roof bars so that as much of the roof is covered as possible? I presume I'd need to say at what points I have the rack mounts to determine where the flap is - shouldn't be a problem though as I never moved them around on my previous van.
Do you guys think this is feasible?

Am planning to take my cali, wife and two children for ski weekends. Does anyone have experience of this product i) in getting rid of overnight snow off the windscreen, ii) reducing condensation (currently a moderate problem for the four of us even with the roof windows open). Thanks

I open the two front windows slightly and have not had an issue with condensation in the front.
I also run the heater on Number 1 thru out the night,I know heat escapes out of the window slight but find it keeps the van a nice temp through the night.

Hiya,

I have a quick question about the 2 colour options for the Comfortz Thermal Windscreen Cover please? I was thinking the black version may look best with my Cali, as she is a dark blue colour, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was less effective at reflecting heat in the summer, or keeping warm / reducing condensation in the winter with it being black instead of silver.

Cheers! :)

Having only got the black one I cant compare it to the silver one but have had no condensation issues when we used it and also used it on the Cali when parked in the Sun in Italy @41deg last year and it kept it quite cool.
The dark colour helps with a stealthy look on our Blackberry.