Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Condensation inside roof topper

Actionwave

Actionwave

Novice California Owner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I used my Comfortz roof topper for the first time a couple of weeks ago, all good, but when I removed the comfortz topper inside was quite wet from condensation formed from breathing (I think) was 2 adults downstairs and 2 kids upstairs.
It was quite cold that night but had to dry out the topper the next day, any ideas!!

I used my Comfortz roof topper for the first time a couple of weeks ago, all good, but when I removed the comfortz topper inside was quite wet from condensation formed from breathing (I think) was 2 adults downstairs and 2 kids upstairs.
It was quite cold that night but had to dry out the topper the next day, any ideas!!
Did you have any ventilation downstairs or did you just depend on the Roof Vents?

DOnt think the roof vents or any windows were open, should the vents on the bellows been open?

If no air is circulating then condensation will form.

DOnt think the roof vents or any windows were open, should the vents on the bellows been open?
There are 2 small vents, each side at the front. If you were totally dependant on those only then I'm surprised you only had the inside of the Topper wet.
Any cold surface would have been covered in condensation, eg: the rear walls of the kitchen cupboards, any single glass window,. If the windscreen wasn't streaming with condensation because you had a thermal cover then that just means the condensation is elsewhere, unless you have very good ventilation.

4 sleeping in the California is just too much to just depend on those small roof canvas vents.

SO , open the vent son the bellows of the roof and a window downstair????
Oh we had the dog in there as well :) 32 kg Vizsla

It was cosy :Depressed

will see how we get on at Croyde next week.

2 adults, 2 kids and a dog are probably breathing out somewhere in the region of half a litre of water in 8 hours plus CO2. Get it out and fresh air in.

2 adults, 2 kids and a dog are probably breathing out somewhere in the region of half a litre of water in 8 hours plus CO2. Get it out and fresh air in.
Blimey that is a lot of water.....As i said was cosy, missus first trip wanted windows shut, will make sure they are open next week.