Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panel Comfortz Roofless Cali Topper

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have one shortly to be 2 of Rogers solar panels. I was looking at getting the comfortz roofless Cali topper and was wondering if It works well with the solar panels

We have one shortly to be 2 of Rogers solar panels. I was looking at getting the comfortz roofless Cali topper and was wondering if It works well with the solar panels
I'm sure it will fit, but why are you using the Topper? If it's for winter/storm use then the amount of power you will be getting from Solar, in the UK, will be diminished.
Just check that the Topper will fit a 2 Panel Solar system. If it doesn't and covers part of a solar panel then it will severely affect the power output no matter how sunny it is.

Yes it would be for winter use, and also to stop the canvas getting really wet in bad weather in the summer as can’t really put the top up at home. Most of the time would not use it. Why is the complete cover version better ? we already have the iso internal, it’s just an option to keep the canvas dry so don’t have to dry at home..if that makes sense

On other threads here, someone mentioned that they got their topper modified to include a clear panel to fit over the solar panels.

This is something I will be looking into also later.

I'm sure it will fit, but why are you using the Topper? If it's for winter/storm use then the amount of power you will be getting from Solar, in the UK, will be diminished.
Just check that the Topper will fit a 2 Panel Solar system. If it doesn't and covers part of a solar panel then it will severely affect the power output no matter how sunny it is.
The roofless topper is completely clear of the panels, apart from one of the optional bungees.

1592513040616.png

I expect it is draughtier than the roofed topper, however, it is a one person job to fit.